Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 21:49

Répondre au sujet  [ 132 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
 King's X - Three Sides of One 
Auteur Message
Minstrel In The Gallery

Répondre en citant le message
tiens d ailleurs ce soir pendant mon emission sur Rock One je passe un titre du nouvel album (bebop) .. interview de Doug a venir en Octobre

Sinon le truc marrant c est que j ai decouvert King's X avec leur reprise de U2 "I will follow". On retrouve d ailleurs pas mal de similitudes et d influences sur certains titres du dernier album, tout comme aussi celle des Beatles ...

05 Sep 2005 9:15
Long Distance Runner

les beatles est l'une des influences principale du groupe et ce même dans les formations pré-king's x !!

05 Sep 2005 10:04
Long Distance Runner

Première écoute et première baffe. Putain le son !!! On entend tout super distinctement et cette basse tantôt ronflante tantôt groovy, un régal.

Et les compos ont l'air bien variés entre chansons soft avec choeurs à gogo ou titres quasi heavy (le putain de mortel bepop !!! J'en reviens pas de celui-là).

J'ai l'impression aussi qu'ils ont franchi un cap. C'est pas du King's X période Taylorienne ni post Taylorienne (avec machine et tout). Je ne sais pas dire encore mais il y a quelque chose.

En tout cas après une écoute c'est ACHAT OBLIGATOIRE.

Trust - Promesse Osée

05 Sep 2005 23:08
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Oui Ultima j’en suis a deux écoutes là, et c’est du tout bon, j’ai bien retenu aussi le morceau Bebop tiens

06 Sep 2005 6:42
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

06 Sep 2005 7:54
Long Distance Runner

Le tour bus du groupe, en tournée aux USA, à bruler :

http://www.kingsxonline.com/photos/bus/bus2005-7.jpg
edit de chips: 'tain faites chier avec vos photos trop grandes :grrr: ;)

Rassurez vous personne de blessé, juste les cheveux de Doug qui ont eu chaud :

:D

Trust - Promesse Osée

21 Nov 2005 20:07

Le jour ou ce groupe aura du bol, les poules auront des dents!!

22 Nov 2005 7:43
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

Les poules avec des dents, ça existe maintenant...Mais je crois qu'on va pouvoir remplacer l'expression "Les poules auront des dents" par "King's X aura de la chance"

En attendant, leur dernier album c'est du tout bon, et vu le piètre niveau de cette année, ça en fait donc un des meilleurs :)

22 Nov 2005 11:00
Long Distance Runner

Et le groupe est censé passer en France. A ne pas manquer, ils ne reviendront pas de sitôt (enfin faut déjà qu'ils fixent une date).

Trust - Promesse Osée

22 Nov 2005 19:29
Long Distance Runner

C'est pas parce qu'il y a une bagnole qui brûle qu'ils vont forcément passer en France.

Voltaire

22 Nov 2005 19:33
Long Distance Runner

Une vidéo live de Bebop ici. Gaskill et Tabor y sont impressionnants !!

Et une vidéo pseudo live (avec la bande son du cidi) de Freedom.

Trust - Promesse Osée

26 Nov 2005 15:51
Long Distance Runner

Le groupe serait à la limite du split. Doug fait le point et il m'a l'air bien mal en point. Ca fait mal au cœur de voir ce gâchis. Et pourtant quel groupe !! Il mérite vraiment mieux que ce qu'il lui arrive.

Du coup je pense que je concert en France tant attendu ne verra pas le jour de sitôt.

KING'S X frontman Doug Pinnick has issued the following statement in response to rumors that the band were on the verge of breaking up:

"I wish I could set down and answer all the questions, and speculations. I will try to make light of some of the things said and suggested. You guys are wonderful so please dont take anything I say as negative or bitching... There's no anger here... just love.

"Here goes... We never fit in; no matter what we do, we can't get the masses on board, and we've done everything there is. I know you all have suggestions of what we could do do get more successful, but we have done everything there is to do! Or at least inquired about it all... We just can't get the folks on board. Woodstock '94 we played for 300 thousand people, and the next week on SoundScan we sold about 200 CDs. Then the week later nothing to comment on.... The rest of the bands on the bill — JACKYL, SHERYL CROW, LIVE, CANDLEBOX, etc. — sold millions!!! We got the best slot of the day, and USA Today, Howard Stern, MTV said we were the best band that day! We sold nothing... and it changed my life. I cut my hair and almost gave up! Plus I was going through midlife crisis. I started getting panic attacks and got blinded by my self-hate. 'Ear Candy' was the result.

"Management? We have had people check us out and they say were doing a better job by ourselves than they could… after they see what we have to go through to get a gig and keep the boat afloat. Others say we're precieved as an old band and they feel they can't help us.

"Record companies? We tried to give Atlantic a done CD with nothing to do but throw it out there. They passed, saying they are only interested in new young bands. ALL other companies rejected us except Metal Blade and InsideOut. Thank the gods for that...

"Booking agent? They say they can't get many promoters to bring us; they all think they will lose money...

"DEEP PURPLE? were trying to get on that tour, and anyother oportunity we can... but we have to pay to play, it's all political… That's the way all bands are treated now, they all pay, Ozzfest... The record companies pay to get all the bands on the tour. We don't have the $$. We opened for many bands in the past to no avail. A few new converts, but not enough...

"Paul Shaffer [of the 'Late Show with David Letterman'] plays 'Born to be Loved' all the time... but to get to play live on the 'Letterman' show? Practically impossible.

"I wish you all could understand how impossible the situation is these days for many bands. It sucks! The rejection to KING'S X is overwhelming in the music marketplace. You can imagine how it makes us feel.

"Christian music scene?? Yeah, we could have been maybe the biggest band in Christian music, but we're not hypocrites, and when the Christians find out that we drink, smoke weed and I am gay, they would turn on us anyway, so why go there? That just hurts. Besides that, they rejected us anyway after they learned who we were. They're human, they hide it. We're not like that, we're too honest. That's why I am down on Christian music. In the name of truth they live lies. That's never been me, or KING'S X. It's one of our biggest faults. The Christian music scene was a dead end for us no matter what had happened in our career. I am agnostic now anyway. We just couldn't justify being a Christian band. It just wasn't the truth. I was raised Christian and have seen the Christian music scene first-hand. I can't be a part of it and I couldn't back then either... and we're still called a Christian band to this day. It wasn't kosher back then either. I remember so many people saying that they couldnt get their friends to listen to KING'S X 'cause we were Christian, even though STRYPER were successful. Now it's accepted being a Christian band, but we're not one of those bands. What's done is done and it's the past...

"Downhill career? 'Manic Moonlight' was a good CD; I don't care what anyone says... I put my heart in that CD and wrote some songs that I am proud of. There was some wasted space on it, but isn't that the way most CDs are? We really did our best with what we had and who we were at the time. This band started out downhill, now we're in a hole. We couldn't get the $ for a producer for years, so we did it ourselves; at least we tried. Then we paid for Michael Wagener out of our own pockets, and finished the CD paying for it ourselves. We are really trying to do the right things, but all we get are walls. There's only so much we can do without money, record company support and attendance. We have maybe sold a million CDs combined from day one! That's not many in the real world. And Atlantic put millions into promoting us. More than most we have had the oportunity for exposure and we got it.

"I know some of you think there's things we should be doing, but trust me, we have tried or checked out all the possibities, it's just not as easy as you may think. We need all-ages shows, and it's almost impossible to get them. That's just fact. It sucks playing at such late times when people have to go to work or drive hours to attend. We always ask for early shows and all ages, it just dosent happen. Bands that are successful without airplay or much promotion? It's a mystery. We're doing what they did and here we are. We're going home from this tour broke. I get no $ when I am off tour, I have to fend for myself. That's life, I guess. Same as everyone else, I wish it wasn't so...

"25 years of doing this with KING'S X... Wven in the early days before the record deal, we couldn't get good attendance doing covers when the other bands we competed with packed the clubs... It's always been this way, we just don't appeal to the masses. Maybe if we had about 10 million to promote us??? But there's no guarantee. We're precieved as an old band in the marketplace that is well respected but not a moneymaker. Bands try to take us out with them but their management always reject us. We may not tour for a while because of all of this...we can't.

"We have made mistakes, for sure, in our career, but we have realy tried to do the right things. We're not the same people as we were when we started this band, and we always try to do our best and make the best music we can. Sometimes it didn't seem like it was the best effort at the time, but if you were there, you would understand.

"We are so thankful for the support from the faithful. We wouldn't be here if it wasnt for all of you people. The band is really down these days, frustrated, and out of money and ideas that will work. We're not young upcoming wide-eyed kids anymore, and this music biz is obsessed with youth. The whole U.S. is this way, just look around.

"It's not over untill the fat lady sings, they say... Well, she's at the mic…

"I have had a wonderful adventure being in this band and being me. I have been blessed more than most. I take nothing for granted. We could go on and on about what we should do and what we haven't, but at the end of the day, we have done the best that we could with what is before us.

"We're not done, we're not breaking up… We're still hoping to be the biggest band in the world, and I have many more songs in my head and on demos to throw out there for you guys… good or bad, you can decide. I will make music as long as I can breathe.

"I have questioned my whole life and this band's place in the world. It's still a mystery to me. This band I have invested 25 years of my life to... and I think about my place in this more than anyone could possibly know or understand... and still don't know why no one realy gives a feck on a major scale. And people wonder why I have low self-esteem. I am one of the biggest losers that there is, and I don't know why. No one in KING'S X knows why it hasn't happened for us... but I will keep doing what I do because I know nothing else and I love making music.

"Thanks for letting me ramble. Thanks for hearing me out. And like I said before, without you guys I probably wouldn't be alive. Thanks for saving my life. I love you all. Keep the faith. It's not taken for granted."

Trust - Promesse Osée

22 Mai 2006 19:17

c'est une chose a craindre ce split, les mecs doivent avoir plein les pattes de sortir des bons disques, Ogre tones est définitivement un de leurs meilleur, pour en vendre trois. Enfin je croise les doigts pour eux, peut etre qu'ils trouveront des ressources pour continuer dans ce putain de business

23 Mai 2006 6:57
Profil Site Internet

KING'S X guitarist Ty Tabor is tentatively scheduled to release his new solo album, "Rock Garden", on September 12. Check out two songs from the upcoming CD — "Wading In" and "Play" —
http://www.myspace.com/tytabor

In other news, Tabor has announced that he is collaborating with Wally Farkas of GALACTIC COWBOYS on a new side project, dubbed XENUPHOBE. Described as "a hypnotic soundscape that takes the listener on an hour-long journey to the innermost depths of one's mind," the group's debut album, "1.0" "goes to places only hinted on previous works such as 'In the New Age' (Tabor's highly collectable 1996 ambient release) and tracks such as 'At the End of the Day' and 'Song for Sybo' (Farkas' compositions from final two GALACTIC COWBOYS releases)," according to a press release.

As previously reported, KING'S X's October 20, 2006 concert at the Harmonie in Bonn, Germany will be filmed for the WDR TV program "Rockpalast" as part of their "Crossroads" series. A European tour is in the works as well.

allez je veux les voir!!!!

27 Juin 2006 7:06
Profil Site Internet

01. Ride (4:53)
02. Stalker (4:47)
03. I Know What I'm Missing (3:11)
04. Afraid (3:39)
05. Play (6:51)
06. Beautiful Sky (4:07)
07. She's a Tree (3:32)
08. Take It Back (3:00)
09. Wading In (3:26)
10. Thankful (3:26)
11. Pretty Good (4:00)

As previously reported, Tabor recently announced that he is collaborating with Wally Farkas of GALACTIC COWBOYS on a new side project, dubbed XENUPHOBE. Described as "a hypnotic soundscape that takes the listener on an hour-long journey to the innermost depths of one's mind," the group's debut album, "1.0" "goes to places only hinted on previous works such as 'In the New Age' (Tabor's highly collectable 1996 ambient release) and tracks such as 'At the End of the Day' and 'Song for Sybo' (Farkas' compositions from final two GALACTIC COWBOYS releases)," according to a press release.

KING'S X's October 20, 2006 concert at the Harmonie in Bonn, Germany will be filmed for the WDR TV program "Rockpalast" as part of their "Crossroads" series. A European tour is in the works as well.

13 Juil 2006 17:15
Profil Site Internet

Excellent album ce Rock Garden Jules, écoute le tu ne sera pas déçu, c'est pas loin de King's X mais ça assure bien, les autres aussi vous pouvez écoutez hein, mais bon tout le monde s'en fout lol

02 Sep 2006 13:05
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

Non non moi ça m'intéresse, j'suis assez fan de King's X aussi, alors pourquoi pas, j'tenterai ça à l'occasion.

02 Sep 2006 13:08
Long Distance Runner

... Et j'ai toujours pas écouté Rock Garden. :(

Sinon ils bossent sur un nouveau King's X vraissemblablement enregistré sous la houlette de Michael Wagener.

Vassil Varbanov of Bulgaria's Tangra Mega Rock recently conducted an interview with KING'S X guitarist Ty Tabor. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Tangra Mega Rock: Could you please tell us to what point of the creation of the next [KING'S X] album are you guys right now?

Ty: "We are working on some songs for it right now, and that is the idea we want to send; we want to be sure that this is the right music and that it gets better and you know we are working on an album ourselves until we are really happy with it before we go into studio."

Tangra Mega Rock: OK, you are going to record the album in your own studio, I believe?

Ty: "No, no, we are gonna record again with Michael Wagener in Tennessee."

Tangra Mega Rock: In the musician community all around the world you and all of your bandmates get a huge response and respect, but now today, in 2006, who is the greatest guitar player of all times?

Ty: "Oh, I don't have an idea who the greatest guitar player of all time is. The truth is, for me being a guitarist, I don't really care for guitar players — I don't listen to guitar players I don't really care about individual good musicians as much as I care for bands that know how to make magic together that know how to play music together. I don't really listen to guitarists like that — I don't listen to any of the guitarist that are known as great. I would much rather listen to Neil Young and 'Cinnamon Girl' than I would like to listen to anybody that is a virtuoso on a guitar because there is more heart in that one note in 'Cinnamon Girl' to me than in the whole world of wanker guitar players. For me, it is way more about the song and about the magic of a human being playing the music together and it has nothing to do with whether they are great musicians it has more to do with whether they understand what makes a song good and what moves people."

Tangra Mega Rock: So what kind of stuff are you listening to these days?

Ty: "I don't listen to guitarist or drummers or stuff like that, I listen to bands that do that for me. There is a band called BILLY TALENT, they happen to be good musicians also, but it's not what is important about them. ?hey get what good music is about — that's why I really like them. And another band is the original ALICE COOPER BAND; they are not great musicians, but the magic they made… lately I find myself listening to a lot of stuff that people might even laugh about but I'm looking for something different. I listen to a radio here and there is a band that I really respect and how they make magic together …there is a band called MIDWEST PRODUCT and I don't really know if they are popular at all, I heard them on a TV show in the background they were credited on the show and I downloaded the album and I find myself playing just this one record over and over all the time. The name of the album is 'World Series of Love'."

Trust - Promesse Osée

17 Sep 2006 21:59
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Bah il fait toujours la même chose ce gars là, un vrai fonctionnaire, hein doug ;)
Quelques titres sympas, mais rien de transcendant, ça tient pas la comparaison avec Ogre Tones.

17 Sep 2006 22:54
Long Distance Runner

d'façon moi les projets annexes ... :clin:

18 Sep 2006 8:19
Répondre au sujet   [ 132 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante