Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 23:04

Répondre au sujet  [ 12 messages ] 
 Virgin Steele - Seven Devils Moonshine 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Virgin Steele - Seven Devils Moonshine
Citation:
VIRGIN STEELE has set "Hymns To Damnation" as the title of its new album, due in March/April 2015 via SPV/Steamhammer.

Comments VIRGIN STEELE singer David DeFeis: "The new album is a roaring collection of metal tracks that work very well together and were recorded in a very straightforward, organic manner. It is full of passion, power, blood, fire, love, lust, death and drama."

An interview with David about the new VIRGIN STEELE album:

Q: So the title of the new VIRGIN STEELE album is going to be "Hymns To Damnation". Where does that title come from?

DeFeis: Well…There actually is a song on the album with that title, and even though this album is not really a concept album, recently when I took a careful look back at all the lyrics, I found that a lot of the lyrics do deal with relationship issues and all the various ways in which humans can entangle themselves, or destroy themselves… so the title essentially encompasses what the vibe of the whole work is about. The title expresses the album in the way that the title "Noble Savage" or "Age Of Consent" expressed each of those particular works. The title provides a framework and perhaps connective tissue, but each song is really its own thing. As I said it isn't a concept album, but there is a certain kind of connection regardless.

Q: Musically, what can we expect for that song as well as the whole album?

DeFeis: That particular song is definitely barbaric-romantic…it is full of pathos, and has both the tender dark side of what we do, along with that over the top bombastic heaviness that we are about. And…well… to go along with the kinds of lyrics I just mentioned, the music is definitely heavy… dark… at times melancholy, and also aggressive or angry sounding, and alternately raw and grandiose. The overarching theme that comes to mind when I think about the album or listen to it is passion…raw passion. There are big monolithic riffs, moody chord changes, "classical"-type bits. It retains the VIRGIN STEELE signature, but it adds new dimensions to it.

Q: Lyrically, is it a completely negative trip?

DeFeis: No, not at all. There are tracks that celebrate life and lust and the beauty of the full experience of what one goes through in their time on the planet. It is empowering and it also has a sense of humor. The lyrics should make you think a bit… I hope. And as regards what I just said a moment ago about relationships, the album mainly concerns connections, connections between all sorts of beings and by that I don't only mean worldly human beings… but also gods and goddesses, spirits, elements, or whatever, plus various creatures, animal, vegetable and or mineral, but largely it is about connections between people. People and their belief systems, people and their gods or goddesses…people and their life philosophies and also the various substances we invest or inject into our daily or nightly rituals and our worldview, and all the complexities of what drives us, makes us who we are and takes us where we may… or may not be going.

Q: That sounds epic! Awhile back I know you had mentioned another song recorded for the album called "Lucifer's Hammer". What is that one like?

DeFeis: Well… It is not necessarily about Lucifer, or hammers! It is a really aggressive song that opens the album, and starts everything off in high gear. It is both raw and "classical"-sounding at the same time. It's very high energy, very kick-ass!

Q: Well, then what do the lyrics for that song concern?

DeFeis: It can be viewed from several different angles, as that is a feature of how I write songs, but you, my friend, would probably say that it is about drugs…

Q: Pro or con?

DeFeis: That would depend on one's own perspective and proclivities.

Q: Do you have anything else planned for 2015?

DeFeis: Yes, about 7 months after the new album comes out, we will finally issue the box set that I discussed a whole lot over the past year.

Q: What will be in that box set?

DeFeis: It will contain the re-issues of both "The Book Of Burning" and "Hymns To Victory", and finally the bonus new work, "Ghost Harvest (The Spectral Vintage Sessions)". We hope to have that package out in October. It has already been discussed between the label and I and it is a go. That "Ghost Harvest" bonus album has new material, plus rewritten and rearranged covers of various things we like or rehearse from time to time.

Q: Great! I am looking forward to the new "Hymns To Damnation" album and then later the box-set. In all the re-issues you did over the past two years you managed to put in tons of bonus material, and the recently reissued "Invictus" CD has an almost 60-minute bonus album called "Fire Spirits", featuring acoustic versions of some VIRGIN STEELE classics, as well as some new material. How do you manage to make all that come together?

DeFeis: I am glad you noticed. Not everyone does. Yes, we have tried to make each reissue as special as we can, and we have gone out of our way to add as much as possible. That particular "Fire Spirits" album came about because I wanted to add something that was intense but unlike the actual "Invictus" album…and we began recording live and really liking what we were hearing back, so we thought, why not?… Those tracks have the intensity of the full band and the listener can get a sense of the interplay between the voice and the instruments, and also a sense of the ingredients of the songs… what makes them tick. We are always working, so there is always material, and I am happy to unleash it in whatever form it takes… hence… all these extra tracks on the reissues.

Q: Getting back to "Hymns To Damnation", how long is that album going to be?

DeFeis: I am not quite sure yet, as we are still deciding on which tracks will ultimately end up being included on there. It will be fairly long, but probably not necessarily 80 minutes. We shall see. Check back with me in a few weeks.

Q: And a last question, David, about the studio methods. I know you mentioned that you went back to some earlier styles of recording. What did you mean by that?

DeFeis: I meant that we started using some of the original analog gear that we used to use, and we even did some things on analog tape. I think it has made the album, as I said earlier, more natural- or organic-sounding. It has that classic "we recorded it live in a large room" kind of sound that we really like. It has been nice to approach the album this way, and we think that it really suits the material.

06 Déc 2014 14:45
Profil Site Internet

Citation:
Long-running American metallers VIRGIN STEELE have changed the title of their new album from "Hymns To Damnation" to "Nocturnes of Hellfire & Damnation". The CD will be released on June 17 in Scandinavia, June 19 in Germany, June 22 in the rest of Europe and June 23 in the USA via SPV/Steamhammer. It will be made available in physical format with three different covers — as a standard 1CD version (the gargoyle cover), 2CD digipak version (the angel cover), 2LP gatefold version (the flute playing skeleton cover) — and as a digital download.

Comments VIRGIN STEELE singer David DeFeis: "Our new album, which is called 'Nocturnes Of Hellfire & Damnation', is not a concept album per se, but there is a through line that connects the tracks. The lyrics essentially deal with relationship issues, and by that I mean the connections between entities, as in all sorts of beings, not only human being, but also gods and goddesses, spirits, elements, or whatever, plus various creatures, animal, vegetable and or mineral, but largely the album is about connections between people. People and their belief systems, people and their gods or goddesses, people and their life philosophies and also the various substances we invest or inject into our daily or nightly rituals and our worldview, and all the complexities of what drives us, makes us who we are and takes us where we may or may not be going.

"To sum it up, this album is about all the various ways in which humans can entangle themselves, or destroy themselves, so the album's title essentially encompasses what the vibe of the whole work is about.

"The title relates to the album in the way that the title 'Noble Savage' or 'Age Of Consent' expressed each of those particular works. The title provides a framework and connective tissue, but each song is really its own thing.

"Musically, the album is pretty heavy, high energy, often dark, at turns melancholy, and at turns aggressive or angry sounding. It does have that over-the-top bombastic heaviness that we are about, and the whole barbaric-romantic thing that we are known for.

"The overarching theme that comes to mind when I think about the album or listen to it is passion… raw passion. There are big monolithic riffs, moody chord changes, 'classical' type bits, sort of bluesy moments.... It retains the VIRGIN STEELE signature, but it adds new dimensions to it. In a strange way, it 'feels' to me like it could have been the album we might have made to follow up 'Noble Savage' had I been able to devote all my energies into the more bombastic or progressive side of my musical nature at that time, rather than trying to appease some of the other 'factions' around me who wanted some kind of a 'hit'...whatever that meant at the time.

"So, to conclude, we have infused the recordings with all that we have gone through over these past months, every fiber of our being, and I think this album will be something our fans will really enjoy."

27 Avr 2015 22:32
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

S'ils ont transféré le budget "pochette" pour le budget "batteur" ça me va.

Trust - Promesse Osée

27 Avr 2015 23:30
Skeleton In The Forum

Ce groupe aurait vraiment besoin d'un vrai management. Defeis fait n'importe quoi depuis des années. Avec tous les bonus track qu'il a composé pour les rééditions de ces dernières années il aurait pu sortir 2 ou 3 albums studio supplémentaire... Et là le coup des 3 pochettes...

28 Avr 2015 9:03
Profil Site Internet

30 Mai 2015 13:07
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

S'ils ont transféré le budget "pochette" pour le budget "batteur" ça me va.

Ah bah même pas !
Bon c'est pas mauvais, mais c'est déjà entendu. J'attends de voir l'ensemble pour me prononcer.

Trust - Promesse Osée

30 Mai 2015 18:54

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... isual=true

09 Juin 2015 7:28
Profil Site Internet

http://www.deezer.com/album/10470206

27 Juin 2015 21:02
Profil Site Internet

Un coffret arrive avec plein de truc dedans dont pas mal de nouvelles chansons

Citation:
US metal legends, Virgin Steele, have released a video teaser for their upcoming Seven Devils Moonshine, a special 5 CD boxset in celebration of their 35th anniversary. Watch below:

SPV / Steamhammer will release this boxset on November 23rd. It will include 5 CDs (a total of 88 songs) where 3 CDs contain totally new songs and new versions. The package will also include a sticker and a 24 page booklet with new lyrics and photos by David DeFeis.

Founder and mastermind David DeFeis explains the whole boxset: “Cheers, Greetings & Salutations Dear Ever Faithful Eternal Metal Listeners and Friends of the Musical Realm & Written Word Domain! I am putting pen to paper today to inform you all about what we have been doing over the past year and what this Box-Set you are now holding in your hands is all about, its backstory…how we arrived here at this place, and perhaps a bit more about where we might be heading.

“As some of you may know we have been re-issuing the Virgin Steele Catalogue bit by bit over the past several years, and in doing so we have consistently been adding copious amounts of Bonus Material to accompany all these various re-issue offerings. The last two albums scheduled as part of the re-issue campaign we began, are the albums: The Book Of Burning & Hymns To Victory. When those two albums first appeared they were released simultaneously, therefore we thought why not once again issue them at the exact same time, but…this time let’s include a brand new album and create a kind of Box Set package. Well…once we began planning and recording for such an endeavor we very soon accumulated far more material than what could possibly fit on one disc…so…we thought OK fine…we’ll plan on releasing two new discs chock full of new material to go along with these last two re-issues…and…shortly after that decision was made, we managed to record even more new material, so now we have in addition to the two re-issues, (which by the way do contain one bonus track each), well Friends we now have actually three brand new discs of VS material included within this special Box Set release!

“I wish to stress the fact that what we have done here with our Box Set is include 3 brand new albums, not bundle in merely a collection of old bonus tracks we had hanging around for ages and ages… These three new discs contain either brand new original songs written and recorded within just these past few months, or brand new re-written covers of songs that we enjoy and felt could be re-cast in the VS style, or…new recordings of classic VS material done either in a special orchestral type setting or stripped way down and re-imagined in vastly different form. Again at the risk of repetition…these aren’t tracks that have been sitting around in the vaults waiting…these are all newly recorded tracks completed specifically for this particular Box Set release. I don’t know if anyone has ever done this kind of thing before, but we felt that for us it was absolutely necessary to do this, and it makes perfect sense for where we are…at this moment.

“OK Friends with glass in hand as is only proper as proprietor of the Vineyard, I shall be your guide to this Netherworld and I shall discuss and try to reveal a bit of something about the ‘Spirit’ and ‘Flavor’ of each of the five discs contained within this Epic Box Set we call: Seven Devils Moonshine.”

Tracklisting:

Ghost Harvest (The Spectral Vintage Sessions) Vintage 1 – Black Wine For Mourning (New Album):

“Seven Dead Within”
“Green Dusk Blues”
“Psychic Slaughter”
“Bonedust” (Orchestral Version)
“Hearts On Fire”
“Child Of The Morning Star”
“Murder In High-Gloss Relief”
“Feral”
“Justine”
“Princess Amy”
“Wicked Game”
Clouds Of Oblivion Medley
“Little Wing”
“The Gods Don’t Remember…”

Ghost Harvest (The Spectral Vintage Sessions) Vintage 2 – Red Wine For Warning (New Album):

“The Evil In Her Eyes” (Piano & Vocal Version)
“Feelin’ Alright”
“Sister Moon”
Summertime Darkness Suite
“Sweating Into Dawn”
“Summertime”
“Black Leaves Swirl Down My Street”
“Rip Off”
The Gods Are Hungry Triptych
“The Gods Are Hungry Poem”
“The Poisoned Wound”
“The Birth Of Beauty”
“Profession Of Violence…”
“Rock Steady”
“Nutshell”
“Slow & Easy Intro”
“Jesus Just Left Chicago”
Late Night Hoodoo Medley
“Soul Kitchen”
“When The Music’s Over”
“Crawling King Snake”
“When The Music’s Over (Reprise)”
“Imhullu”
The Drained White Suite
“After The Dark”
“Wake The Dead”
“The Graveyard Dance”
“The Triple Goddess”
“Twilight Of The Gods” (Live Acoustic Rehearsal Version)
“Transfiguration” (Live Acoustic Rehearsal Version)

Gothic Voodoo Anthems (New Album):

“I Will Come For You” (Orchestral Version)
“Queen Of The Dead” (Orchestral Version)
“The Orpheus Taboo” (Orchestral Version)
“Kingdom Of The Fearless (The Destruction Of Troy)” (Orchestral Version)
“The Black Light Bacchanalia” (Orchestral Version)
“Zeus Ascendant”
“By The Hammer Of Zeus (And The Wrecking Ball Of Thor)” (Orchestral Version)
The Gothic Voodoo Suite
“Rumanian Folk Dance No. 3 Pe Loc”
“Delirium” (Excerpt)
“Snakeskin Voodoo Man” (Orchestral Version)
“The Enchanter”
The Fire & Ice Medley
“Bone China”
“No Quarter”
“Bone China (Reprise)”
Passion In The French Quarter Medley
“Chloe Dancer”
“Gentle Groove”
“Darkness-Darkness”
“Death Letter Blues”
“Spoonful”

Hymns To Victory (Rerelease):

“Flames Of Thy Power (From Blood They Rise)”
“Through The Ring Of Fire”
“Invictus”
“Crown Of Glory (Unscarred)” (In Fury Mix)
“Kingdom Of The Fearless (The Destruction Of Troy)”
“The Spirit Of Steele” (Acoustic Version)
“A Symphony Of Steele” (Battle Mix)
“The Burning Of Rome (Cry For Pompeii)”
“I Will Come For You”
“Dust From The Burning & Amaranth” (Orchestral Version)
“Noble Savage” (Long Lost Early Mix)
“Mists Of Avalon”
“Emalaith”

The Book Of Burning (Rerelease):

“Conjuration Of The Watcher”
“Don’t Say Goodbye (Tonight)”
“Rain Of Fire”
“Annihilation”
“Hellfire Woman”
“Children Of The Storm”
“The Chosen Ones”
“The Succubus”
“Minuet In G Minor”
“The Redeemer”
“I Am The One”
“Hot And Wild”
“Birth Through Fire”
“Guardians Of The Flame”
“The Final Days”
“A Cry In The Night”
“Queen Of The Dead” (Nordic Twilight Version) (Bonus Track)

28 Nov 2018 7:10
Profil Site Internet

02 Déc 2018 16:42
Profil Site Internet
Soundchaser

02 Déc 2018 19:59
Skeleton In The Forum

C'est annoncé depuis septembre. 2 nouvel album, plus un disque fourre tout avec des versions orchestrales et les rééditions de deux compils. Pour ceux qui se demandaient encore si Defeis avait pété un cable, il nous réponds lui même. Ce type est fêlé.

02 Déc 2018 23:21
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 12 messages ]