Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 10:02

Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
 Monster Magnet - Mindfucker 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Monster Magnet - Mindfucker

MONSTER MAGNET will release its 11th album, "Mindfucker", on March 23, 2018 via Napalm. According to a press release, the disc "is different, a step forward and a step back at the same time to the almighty roots of hard rock music, kindled by the unpretentious proto-punk era. Up-tempo, savage in both sound and spirit, 'Mindfucker' is the real deal! The album has the potential to surprise and to whip up the love for the genre, while still giving the sludgies and stoner freaks exactly what they wish for in a new MONSTER MAGNET album."

Commented MONSTER MAGNET leader Dave Wyndorf: "'Mindfucker' is a fuzzed out, headbangin' celebration of hard rock and 21st Century paranoia. Ten fuel-injected, nitro-burning tracks of fiery rock 'n' roll and garage psych madness, all done MONSTER MAGNET style. It's also an album that gets right to the point: the world is out of its fucking mind and I'm livin' it…. for better or worse. It's simple, really. In these crazy times, I've been wanting to just drive my car at 100 miles per hour and howl, you know what I mean? So I wrote songs I can do that with. And with lyrics that don’t deny the times we're living in. Feels good, feels right. Rock is alive, baby!"

MONSTER MAGNET guitarist Phil Caivano told Metal Express Radio in May that the band's follow-up to 2013's "Last Patrol" was "very aggressive, very straight-ahead, very 'Detroit.' Once again, [it's] back to some of our American roots. We did the 'space rock' thing on the last couple of records. Being the huge HAWKWIND fans we are, AMON DÜÜL fans, GROUNDHOGS fans… that whole thing. 'Last Patrol' was very, very influenced by space rock, and there'll always be elements of space rock in MONSTER MAGNET stuff, but we brought it back to what we were influenced by as kids, which would be the Detroit thing: STOOGES, MC5, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD. Very punchy, American… That's really what it is. All I can say is the word 'Detroit' always keeps coming to mind."

"Mindfucker" track listing:

01. Rocket Freak
02. Soul
03. Mindfucker
04. I'm God
05. Drowning
06. Ejection
07. Want Some
08. Brainwashed
09. All Day Midnight
10. When The Hammer Comes Down

MONSTER MAGNET performed the "Mindfucker" title track during its European tour last spring. Fan-filmed video footage can be seen below.

MONSTER MAGNET's last release was "Cobras And Fire (The Mastermind Redux)", which came out in October 2015. The album was dubbed an "alternative listening experience" to the band's 2010 effort "Mastermind". The approach was similar to what MONSTER MAGNET did in 2014 when they took "Last Patrol", pulled the songs apart and rebuilt them as "Milking The Stars: A Re-Imagining Of Last Patrol".

MONSTER MAGNET is:

Dave Wyndorf (vocals, guitar)
Garrett Sweeny (guitar)
Phil Caivano (guitar)
Chris Kosnik (bass)
Bob Pantella (drums)

13 Déc 2017 6:40
Profil Site Internet
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message

09 Fév 2018 12:08
Profil Site Internet