Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 19:15

Répondre au sujet  [ 51 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Iced Earth - Incorruptible 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Iced Earth - Incorruptible
Sortie courant 2016

Citation:
Iced Earth is set to begin the writing process of their 12th studio album in spring 2015. After a short hiatus, (primarily due to founder, chief songwriter, and guitarist Jon Schaffer’s 2nd cervical fusion surgery), the band is planning their schedule for the remainder of the year. Iced Earth fans can expect the next album, tentatively entitled "The Judas Goat", and the subsequent touring cycle to begin in early 2016.
Schaffer comments on his recovery and the direction of the new album, “The recovery after this surgery has been more difficult than the first time around in 2000. Although there have been a few setbacks, I am confident that I’m ready to resume my duties in Iced Earth, directing my full attention to the creative process, production, and touring future of the band.” Schaffer continues, “We are looking forward to songwriting and getting back in the studio. The creative direction of the new album is rife with intense and heavy emotions, as one would expect from an Iced Earth record, as well as a wide variety of lyrical inspirations and themes.” “I am 100% confident that the bond our band has forged in these last several years will shine through in the music. It’s a brotherhood in every way, and the fans will feel that. I couldn’t be more proud of these guys and everything we’ve achieved together.”
Long time drummer Brent Smedley will be returning to the band for the recording and touring of the next album cycle. Smedley had to step down due to personal family reasons in 2013 shortly before the recording of Plagues of Babylon. “We are very pleased to have Brent joining us once again; he’s always been a brother and an important part of the Iced Earth legacy,” says Schaffer.
Iced Earth is sure to please fans from all eras of the band’s illustrious history with this next offering of unadulterated heavy metal.

09 Avr 2015 7:22
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

Le guitariste Troy SEELE quitte ICED EARTH après avoir passé environ 10 ans au sein du groupe. Son départ est dû au fait qu'il veut s'occuper de son fils autiste.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-08-23/iced-earth-lose-guitarist-troy-seele

24 Aoû 2016 0:05
Profil YIM

Il va s'appeler Incorruptible et il sortira en Mai!

Citation:
Metal Wani's Fernando Bonenfant conducted an interview with ICED EARTH founder, chief songwriter, and guitarist Jon Schaffer before the band's December 6 concert at Electric Brixton in London, England. You can now watch the chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On ICED EARTH's upcoming studio album, originally titled "The Judas Goat":

Schaffer: "Well, actually, ['The Judas Goat'] was a working title, and we canned that. So the album is gonna be called 'Incorruptible'. It's going to be out in May next year. We haven't spent really a year on the record. I bought a couple of buildings and turned it into the headquarters for the band, so that was a major amount of construction work to do, and build our own studio. So that's the headquarters now. And, really, only for the last four months have we been focusing on the album, on pre-production, the final arrangements and songwriting and everything. And now when we go back in January and we start master tracking, it will only take about five or six weeks to get the album finished. The way I work, the pre-production is where most of the time is spent so that we know exactly what we're gonna do when we get into master tracking and we just go for the best takes we can get at that point. So that's really where the bulk of the time was spent — on building the headquarters, building the studio, and then going in and doing the pre-production. So we're a little bit late, but it's gonna be worth it."

On how "Incorruptible" compares to previous ICED EARTH albums:

Schaffer: "They're all kind of their own thing, but I have a very strong gut feeling about this, and so does everybody in the band, that this is one of the really special ones. So I put it up there with 'The Dark Saga' [1996], 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' [1998], 'Dystopia' [2011] — it's in that league of records — so it's really gonna be something special, man. I know musicians always say that, but there is something going on here, so it's cool. We're all very excited about it."

On the concept for the lyrics on "Incorruptible":

Schaffer: "There is no concept on this record; it's just ten individual tracks not related to each other. Actually, on 'Plagues Of Babylon' [2014], it was only the first six that were related to the 'Something Wicked' story; it was like a zombie apocalypse within the 'Something Wicked' framework. But this album, it's just ten individual songs. We have one with a very cool Native American vibe called 'Trail Of Tears'; we have one called 'Clear The Way', which is about the Irish Brigade at the Battle Of Fredericksburg — very tragic, actually — but that's a big epic, like ten minutes; and then we have one called 'Black Flag', which is a pirate song. It's quite a… I think I pulled it off pretty well with the lyrics, to be able to tell such a big story in a very short amount of time. I think it's gonna be a highlight of the record. And then on this tour, we're opening the show with a new song that will be the opener on the album — it's called 'The Great Heathen Army' — that's got a Viking kind of a vibe to it. So there's a lot of different things, and none of it's really related. There's one called 'Raven Wing'… I can't really think of all of them righ now… 'Seven-Headed Whore' — that's one that's actually pretty brutal; it's like a total kick in the balls. But, you know, there's a lot of varied emotions on this, and it's cool stuff, man."

On singer Stu Block's contribution to "Incorruptible":

Schaffer: "Well, he came at the end of… for about the last month or so of pre-production… maybe a little bit more… five weeks… and we worked on his vocal parts. We do it like Stu and I normally do it. Some of the stuff we write together. I mean, I write the musical arrangements and do all that — he doesn't play any instruments — but he comes in… At the end of the writing process is when we focus on his parts. And the lyrics that we worked on together, on a song called 'Brother', which is about our brotherhood, [between] Stu and I and within the band… We've gone through a lot of shit together and we've had a lot of great times together, but the bond is very strong, and that's clear. So it's just a song, really, for us. And then he wrote the lyrics for 'The Great Heathen Army'. I'm trying to think… I can't think of 'em, man; I have to look at the list [of songs]. But usually, he goes to an area and works, and I go in my area and work. And, like I said, on some songs we collaborate sometimes. On this one, the only we did was 'Brother'… We work in the way we always work. And it's a very cool chemistry."

On how ICED EARTH's lineup changes affect the creative process:

Schaffer: "Jake [Dreyer, guitar] coming in [this past September], he came into this really late, so he doesn't have any songwriting credit on ['Incorruptible'], but he's gonna be playing guitar solos on it. But he's got great ideas. One of the things when I audioned him, I wanted to hear where his head was at with original stuff, and he's got it. But from an energy standpoint, for sure. I mean, Jake's 24 years old, so he's bringing in a very youthful energy, and Luke [Appleton, bass] already does that as well. But I don't think it changes the… I mean, of course, they all bring their talent to it, but as far as the vision and the end result, [it] doesn't really change very much, because I know what I want. That's why ICED EARTH is a brand, that's why we've had a lot of success on every chapter of the band's history. I don't think there's any other bands that have had five lead singer changes that can say that they were successful through all of it, and we have been. So it's all about leading and knowing the vision and staying true to the vision. And that's the reason that I named this record 'Incorruptible' — because ICED EARTH is… That logo represents 32 years of dedication to heavy metal, and it is absolutely incorruptible. This vision can't be corrupted; there's no amount of money on earth. So that's the whole thing of what we're about. This is the real shit, it comes from a real place, and that's why we have some of the most loyal fans in the world, because they know it's real."

11 Déc 2016 22:54
Profil Site Internet

07 Avr 2017 5:43
Profil Site Internet
Prêtre de Judas

Avec ou sans belle pochette de toute façon, achat indispensable pour ma part, Iced Earth est un de mes groupes favoris depuis un bout de temps maintenant.

07 Avr 2017 10:29
Profil Site Internet
Crimson Idol

R.I.P Lemmy

07 Avr 2017 12:39
Skeleton In The Forum

07 Avr 2017 20:32
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Elle est pas terrible cette pochette, la perspective est complètement ratée : le cercle est tordu, le bras gauche est raccourci et atrophié, le casque n'est pas aligné sur le visage, la ceinture part aussi sur le côté.

07 Avr 2017 23:07

02. Black Flag (4:56)
03. Raven Wing (6:25)
04. The Veil (4:47)
05. Seven Headed Whore (3:00)
06. The Relic (Part 1) (4:59)
07. Ghost Dance (Awaken The Ancestors) (6:35)
08. Brothers (4:45)
09. Defiance (4:08)
10. Clear The Way (December 13th, 1862) (9:30)

The first two songs will be released on April 28 ("Seven Headed Whore") and April 29 ("Raven Wing").

Citation:
"Incorruptible" will be available in the following formats:

* Deluxe CD digipak with extensive booklet, fold-out poster and slipcase (only available in Europe)
* CD digipak (only available in the USA)
* Strictly limited artbook with 36-page booklet with introduction, additional artworks, sketches and comments by Jon Schaffer to each individual song, CD and double 10" vinyl, worldwide limited to only 3000 copies
* Deluxe 2LP version in various vinyl colors (see below for exact color split) with gatefold sleeve, 4-page lyric sheet, 180-gram vinyl, black anti-static inner sleeves, etching and 12-page LP-booklet with artworks to each of the 10 songs
* Standard CD jewel case
* Digital download / stream

The 2LP version of "Incorruptible" is offered in the following vinyl colors:

* Black vinyl: unlimited and offered through all retail channels
* Dark-green vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively available in the U.K.
* Yellow vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively available in France
* Clear vinyl: limited to 100 copies, exclusively available at Century Media's European online store
* Lilac vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively available at Nuclear Blast
* Silver vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively available at EMP
* Transparent-red vinyl: limited to 500 copies, distributed through RED in the USA
* White vinyl: limited to 300 copies, exclusively offered in the USA through F.Y.E.
* Transparent-orange vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively sold by ICED EARTH on tour

The artbook version of "Incorruptible" will be offered in the following vinyl colors:

* Transparent-red vinyl: main version, available through all retail channels
* Clear vinyl: limited to 100 copies, exclusively available at Century Media's European online store
* Golden vinyl: limited to 200 copies, available at various online stores
* Black vinyl: limited to 200 copies, available at various online stores
* Silver vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively available at Nuclear Blast
* Transparent-orange vinyl: limited to 200 copies, exclusively sold by ICED EARTH on tour

11 Avr 2017 1:14
Profil Site Internet
Crimson Idol

Elle est pas terrible cette pochette, la perspective est complètement ratée : le cercle est tordu, le bras gauche est raccourci et atrophié, le casque n'est pas aligné sur le visage, la ceinture part aussi sur le côté.

Tu es dur... On peut imaginer le coude gauche plié.

R.I.P Lemmy

11 Avr 2017 10:35

29 Avr 2017 15:43
Profil Site Internet
Soundchaser

Raven Wing me semble etre une tuerie! :hop:

02 Mai 2017 20:31
Long Distance Runner

Ouais pas mal ces deux morceaux, L'un assez épique et l'autre bien furax, tant mieux si c'est assez varié!

Je hais Dream Theater!!!

02 Mai 2017 21:59

19 Mai 2017 18:57
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

14 Juin 2017 5:19
Skeleton In The Forum

je l'écoute en ce moment, et c'est un très bon cru je trouve, leur meilleur depuis longtemps.

19 Juin 2017 17:42

http://www.musicwaves.fr/frmReview.aspx ... orruptible

Avec l'interview de Jon en prime

21 Juin 2017 7:05
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

Je crois bien que l'on tient là leur meilleur album depuis The Glorious Burden.

22 Juin 2017 8:18
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

Ah ben tiens.... je n'ai jamais été fan du groupe avec Barlow, quand ils ont embauché Ripper, j'ai retenté et j'ai adoré glorious burden. Depuis qu'ils ont pris le mec, là, je sais plus son nom, j'ai écouté tous les albums et le live qui est sorti après dystopi, il me semble... et la je dois avouer m'être pris une belle claque avec ce dernier album.
Au final, ce groupe que j'avais tendance à critiquer est en train de monter petit à petit dans mon estime.

Je hais Dream Theater!!!

24 Juin 2017 17:55
Long Distance Runner

Moi ça faisait un bon moment que j'avais lâché l'affaire avec ICED EARTH, je n'ai que les CDs jusqu'à "Horror Show" (2001) compris, après cet album je n'ai pas vraiment accroché. Donc pour être franc je ne m'attendais pas à grand chose de ce nouvel album, mais après avoir lu tous les retours ici et ailleurs, j'ai écouté sur spotify et là j'ai dû l'écouter au moins 20 fois en 3-4 jours, il n'y a que la 1ère écoute qui ne m'a pas emballé, mais ça me le fait avec énormément d'albums que j'adore, donc j'ai réécouté. Et donc j'adore, je pense que je vais le commander.

24 Juin 2017 19:01
Profil YIM
Répondre au sujet   [ 51 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante