Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 23:36

Répondre au sujet  [ 9 messages ] 
 THE NEAL MORSE BAND - "The Similitude Of A Dream" (2016) 
Auteur Message
Prêtre de Judas

Répondre en citant le message
Message THE NEAL MORSE BAND - "The Similitude Of A Dream" (2016)
Nouvel album à paraître le 11 novembre prochain :

"THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM"

Citation:
Release date: November 11th

NEAL MORSE: Lead Vocals, Keyboards, Guitars
MIKE PORTNOY: Drums, Vocals
RANDY GEORGE: Bass
ERIC GILLETTE: Guitar, Vocals
BILL HUBAUER: Keyboards, Vocals

The journey of Neal Morse has seen three decades of musical accomplishments, the latest being the inception of THE NEAL MORSE BAND. The Los Angeles born Prog-Rocker Neal Morse (Spock’s Beard, Flying Colors, and Transatlantic) has forged many relationships over the years. The most compelling and fruitful efforts have been those with Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater, The Winery Dogs, Twisted Sister, Transatlantic, Flying Colors, and more).

Together the pair has launched four bands. But the band that has endured the longest and thus with the most musical output has been THE NEAL MORSE BAND. Over the years, Neal along with Mike Portnoy and Randy George always assembled musicians as needed to support Neal’s solo music. In 2012, Neal with longtime bassist Randy George held auditions to find the musicians needed to fill out the band as a permanent lineup that would write music collectively. Bill Hubauer (keyboards, vocals) and Eric Gillette (guitar, vocals) joined the band after three days of auditions. They went on to release THE GRAND EXPERIMENT in 2014 followed by the ALIVE AGAIN live DVD/2 CD package in 2015.

Together, the five members are now embarking on THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM. This will be the eighth studio album with Morse, Portnoy and George, but the second as a true collaboration with this lineup.

As Neal Morse explains, “THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM is loosely and sometimes directly based on the book, Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan. The original title was The Pilgrim’s Progress From This World To The That Which Is To Come; Delivered Under The Similitude Of A Dream, and it was originally published in 1678. The book chronicles the spiritual journey of a man from the City of Destruction to a place of deliverance. Someone had suggested to me that I do a concept album based on this book, but I kind of forgot about it. Then when I began writing new songs last December, the suggestion came to my mind. I had never read the book, so I Googled the SparkNotes story outline and began to write some little song bits and instrumentals based on what I had read. Those bits combined with the ideas that the other guys brought to the table then miraculously exploded into this double concept album. Funny thing is, this album only really covers about the first 75 or 80 pages. Maybe we should've made a five disc collection! Well, we'll save that for later. Ha.”

“I honestly think this is THE album of my career,” declares drummer Mike Portnoy. “Neal and I have now made 18 studio albums together, and I consider THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM the absolute creative pinnacle of our collaborations together. I've always had a soft spot for double concept albums such as Pink Floyd's THE WALL and The Who's TOMMY, and I can bravely say that I think we've created an album here that can sit side by side with those masterpieces. Bold words, I know, but after a career of almost 50 albums, I honestly consider this to be one of the defining works of my career.”

“We weren’t sure we had enough music to make a double CD, and yet it seemed as though the concept and the music wanted to go there,” bassist Randy George continues. “Ultimately, we created so much great music in the sessions that it just had to be a double album! To cap that off, we worked with a pre-imminent classic album cover artist to create painted illustrations of our concept which will grace the booklet!”

THE NEAL MORSE BAND tours worldwide almost yearly and continues to grow in popularity, attracting new listeners everywhere they go. The band has toured in North America, Central America, Europe, Israel, Mexico and India. The shows are filled with excited and extremely loyal fans, some which have regularly traveled very long distances to see the band. The band has an extensive catalog of live shows on Blu-Ray and DVD as well.

THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM will be released November 11 on Radiant Records via Metal Blade Records/SONY, followed by a 35-plus date world tour THE NEAL MORSE BAND is mounting in 2017!

Deux extraits :

24 Oct 2016 13:36
Profil Site Internet
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

J'avais fais un sujet dans autres musiques, mais y a de quoi en causer ici!

24 Oct 2016 13:47
Profil Site Internet
Prêtre de Judas

J'avais vachement aimé le précédent, me suis pas beaucoup forcé du coup, mais de là à aller dans "autres musiques"... :D

24 Oct 2016 13:51
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

Ca fait longtemps que j'ai pas suivi le père Morse. Mais là c'est bon. Il a l'air de plus partager la balle qu'avant.

Trust - Promesse Osée

26 Oct 2016 22:40

Citation:
THE NEAL MORSE BAND — Neal Morse (lead vocals, guitars, keyboards), Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals), Randy George (bass), Bill Hubauer (keyboards, vocals), Eric Gillette (guitars, vocals) — will take fans on "The Great Adventure" with its latest double concept album, due out January 25, 2019 on Radiant Records via Metal Blade worldwide. It will be available in three formats: a two-CD package, two-CD/DVD special edition featuring behind-the-scenes video clips of the making of the album, and three vinyl LPs. Pre-orders begin December 4 on Radiant Records' web site.

The follow-up to 2016's critically acclaimed "The Similitude Of A Dream" will be the ninth studio album with Morse, Portnoy and George, and the third as a true collaboration with this current lineup. Together, Morse and Portnoy have launched four bands, but the one that has endured the longest and thus with the most musical output has been THE NEAL MORSE BAND.

"Let the great adventure now begin…" The closing line of "The Similitude Of A Dream" has proved to be strangely prophetic. The new album is exactly that: a perfect companion piece to "The Similitude Of A Dream"'s partial retelling of John Bunyan's "The Pilgrim's Progress". It has everything that fans would expect from an album by THE NEAL MORSE BAND, and more: rock, metal, classical and jazz elements appear throughout, as well as some killer melodies, all played faultlessly by some of the greatest rock musicians on the planet.

16 Oct 2018 5:39
Profil Site Internet

18 Déc 2018 16:46
Profil Site Internet

17 Jan 2019 15:09
Profil Site Internet

01. Intro
02. Overture
03. The Dream Isn't Over
04. Welcome To The World
05. A Momentary Change
06. Dark Melody
07. I Got To Run
08. To The River
09. The Great Adventure
10. Venture In Black
11. Hey Ho Let's Go
12. Beyond The Borders
13. Overture 2
14. Long Ago
15. Child Of Wonder
16. The Dream Continues
17. Fighting With Destiny
18. Vanity Fair
19. Welcome To The World 2
20. The Element Of Fear
21. The Great Despair
22. Freedom Calling
23. A Love That Never Dies
24. The Great Medley [Encore]

Citation:
THE NEAL MORSE BAND has returned to the InsideOut Music family, re-signing with the label in 2019 and announcing the release of a forthcoming new live album — "The Great Adventour - Live in Brno 2019" on March 6, 2020.

Neal comments: "The band and myself are super excited to be back with our friends at InsideOut! They are great people and I'm sure it will be a fruitful relationship as it always has been."

InsideOut Music label head Thomas Waber adds: "There is obviously a lot of history between Neal and InsideOut Music and we are ready to make more history with one of the most important prog artists of our generation!"

Neal Morse (vocals, keyboards and guitars), Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals and audience cheer-leading), Randy George (bass), Bill Hubauer (keyboards and vocals) and Eric Gillette (guitars and vocals) released their latest album, "The Great Adventure", at the beginning of 2019. This was the follow-up to their acclaimed 2016 concept album "The Similitude Of A Dream", and shortly after, the band embarked on a European headline tour. "The Great Adventour - Live in Brno 2019" documents these shows, which saw them performing the album in full, and closing with the renowned "The Great Medley" — featuring tracks from across Neal's solo career and each NEAL MORSE BAND album.

Available as a 2CD + 2Blu-ray digipak, the set also features two tour documentaries from both the U.S. and European runs, as well as the official music videos for the singles taken from "The Great Adventure".

10 Déc 2019 8:28
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

10 Déc 2019 19:13
Répondre au sujet   [ 9 messages ]