Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 17 Juin 2024 10:08

Répondre au sujet  [ 8 messages ] 
 Glenn Hugues en studio 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Glenn Hugues en studio
Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) fan site GHPG.net has been updated with the following message:

"Glenn will be entering the studio this month to begin recording his new solo album. It's not just any studio, but in fact, the Hollywood Hills home of none other than RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, who will also be playing on it. The former home of Hollywood movie star Cary Grant, it has wide expansive vaulted ceilings providing fantastic acoustics, which they plan on utilizing to the fullest! Joining Glenn and Chad will be JJ Marsh and another RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS [member] (!!)John Frusciante, who has written a song for the new record and will most likely provide other contributions to the record. Smith also co-produced Hughes' 2005 album 'Soul Mover' and will fill the same role on the new release.

"'[While] writing new music for this record, Chad and I thought it would be great to have John come in, write and play on a couple of the tunes,' Glenn says. "John has written a song specifically for me.' [The CD is] tipped to feature tracks such as 'Oil and Water', 'Frail', 'Black Light', 'Stepping On' and 'The Valiant Denial'. Ryan Hewitt is to be the engineer and mixer for the new record. He's worked with the CHILI PEPPERS, BLINK-182, U2, BON JOVI, BILLY JOEL and many others.

"There'll be a new video shot in early February and they're talking to Jim LaRocca about that — you may remember, he directed 'Days of Avalon'. It's unsure which song yet, but it'll be filmed at Chad's other home in Malibu, California."

04 Jan 2006 7:54
Profil Site Internet

Legendary vocalist/bassist GLENN HUGHES (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) has finalized the track listing of his new solo album, "Music for the Divine", due on June 9 via Frontiers Records.

Produced by Glenn together with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, the CD was recorded in Chad's house in Los Angeles and again features Chad on drums and longtime Glenn Hughes collaborator JJ Marsh on guitar. Also featured are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist John Frusciante and Mark Killian, who has provided the string arrangements and keyboards.

"Music for the Divine" track listing:

01. The Valiant Denial
02. Steppin’ On
03. Monkey Man
04. This House
05. You Got Soul
06. Frail
07. Black Light
08. Nights In White Satin
09. Too High
10. This Is How I Feel
11. The Divine

Hughes had previously stated about his decision to call the album "Music for the Divine", "The title is very important to me. When you hear the music, you'll understand the meaning. The title speaks to me, as all the previous ones have. Divine is goodness and is a statement to the fans that really understand my music.

"The album has deep lyrical and spiritual meaning and once again is where I'm at, at the present time. I do not wish to tread into the past and so this album is a major step forward to me. This is my most honest and artistic album. I am very glad to know that things have continued to grow along spiritual lines."

07 Avr 2006 7:11
Profil Site Internet
Creature de la Nuit

C'est son contrat qui l'oblige à sortir un album par an? :hmm:
J'adore cet artiste, mais depuis quelques temps la quantité a nettement pris le devant au détriment de la qualité.
:(

07 Avr 2006 20:25
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Effectivement, déjà que Soul Mover était vraiment pas terrible (que de la redite).
Si il nous refait le coup de la fusion-funky-soul, ça risque de devenir de l'auto-parodie.
Le jour où il comprendra qu'en sortant 50 projets par an, on finit par arriver à saturation et à lasser... :hmm:

09 Avr 2006 14:20

la pochette au fait, je la trouve tres belle, ça change de Soul Mover, et j'écoute le disque en même temps, et c'est une bonne surprise, c'est pas hard du tout, à peine rock mais ça le fait, c'est très frais et comme d'habitude c'est bien funk soul, avec une reprise de Nights In White Satin des Moody Blues

16 Juil 2006 11:50
Profil Site Internet
Creature de la Nuit

Ouaip, bon p'tit disque, sympa à écouter, bien mieux que Soul mover, mais qui ne risque cependant pas d'être cité dans quelques mois quand tous les forums lanceront le topic sur l'album de l'année 2006.

La photo sur la pochette a été prise d'une des fenêtres de la villa de Chad Smith où ce disque a été enregistré.
Le batteur des RHCP (grand pote à Glenn) joue et co-produit cet album.
A noter également que John Frusciante apparaît en guest sur deux titres.

16 Juil 2006 18:39
Profil Site Internet

oui notamment sur la reprise des Moody Blues, sacré reprise et quel soli, il me trou le cul le John sur ce coup là!

16 Juil 2006 18:44
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Ouais, pas mal, un bon p'tit album de plus... mais je suis déjà passé à autre chose perso, il est déjà rangé au placard.

16 Juil 2006 22:24
Répondre au sujet   [ 8 messages ]