Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 07 Mai 2024 10:42

Répondre au sujet  [ 73 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4
 Aller-Retour officiel de Belladonna dans Anthrax 
Auteur Message
Barde

Répondre en citant le message
là, il faudrait qu'ARMORED SAINT sorte un putain d'album..

Et que, oui, Bush dise à Ian et Benante d'aller se faire traire.

25 Jan 2007 22:31
Long Distance Runner

D'accord avec les pro-Bush (pour une fois :siffle: ).

Ce serait manquer d'amour-propre que de revenir leur lécher les bottes. Fuck.

Pour moi Anthrax a vécu. :(

26 Jan 2007 11:26
Long Distance Runner

D'accord avec les pro-Bush (pour une fois :siffle: ).

Je l'encadre celle là, elle est excellente.

26 Jan 2007 12:23
Creature de la Nuit

J'espère que Bush sera assez fier pour ne pas revenir.

Pareil, mais pas pour les mêmes raisons...

Je regrette 100 fois plus de ne pas avoit été les voir au graspop 2005.

Vraiment dommage ;'(.

26 Jan 2007 18:10
Profil Site Internet
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

BLABBERMOUTH.NET spoke to singer Joey Belladonna on Wednesday, January 31 about his departure from ANTHRAX and his future plans. A transcript of the chat follows:

Q: Scott Ian [ANTHRAX guitarist] said in his statement that was released on January 24 that ANTHRAX was offered a direct-support slot on a major tour and that you decided that you did not want to move forward. He also said that they tried to make it work, but that it just could not work out. He also mentioned that "the problems that were there could not be fixed no matter how hard we tried and in the end Joey made the decision." So he basically said that in the end, it was your decision to leave the band and that they wanted to carry on. In Charlie's [Benante, ANTHRAX drummer] statement (issued on January 31), he says, "I tried so hard to make things work and put in hours and hours or phone calls or as I'd like to call it 'therapy.' Certain people have 'issues,' had 'em in the '80s/'90s and still have them to this day. I think it's true that some people are best at what they do worst..." Basically, they both pretty much make it appear as if you were the one that kind of put an end to this reunion whereas I think everybody was sort of expecting this lineup to go ahead and do a new record and try to continue. Is it fair to say that you were the one that made the decision to put an end to this? Did you quit ANTHRAX?

Joey Belladonna: "Dude, all I know is that they wrote a letter and I got a call. Whether they wanna believe we had an opportunity to continue or not, they just wrote the letter and that's all. I don't care what they say at this point. You have to remember — it's their band, it's their call. They make the call. I don't care how they wanna phrase it. It's been like that since day one. And if it doesn't go their way, then that's the way they make the decisions, you know."

Q: When you say you got a letter…

Joey Belladonna: "That letter I'm talking about — that one [from Scott Ian that was posted] on Blabbermouth. I didn't even know anything was done officially at that point until I saw that. That's when I assumed, 'OK, now we're completely done.' If I can backtrack, really, we went longer than I thought we were gonna go, as far as the reunion. I thought it was just gonna be… you know, we're gonna do what we could do and I figured that they wanted to resume with their band. Everybody wanted to do baby steps, kind of thing, when you first start, when you're doing that stuff. No one came in and said, 'Alright, how long are we gonna do this, 'cause I've gotta know, because I've gotta make plans or I'm not gonna be able to do this unless I know for sure.' It's like dating somebody — 'I've gotta know if you're gonna be with me forever.' It wasn't like that — nobody knew what was going on. God, just before these letters came out, I read something that Charlie, in one of the magazines [referring to a Metal Edge interview that was published in August 2006 — Ed.], was saying, 'I miss John [Bush, former ANTHRAX vocalist],' and how he wanted to play with him [again], and I'm like, 'God, what the hell are they talking about?' You get all kinds of stuff. It's just nice to have an effort when you can work together about things. It's not like we were confirming anything in particular — we fulfilled as much as we could, and we went a lot longer than anybody thought we would, I think, maybe. Again, I didn't know if they were opening up a new door to be a brand new band — no one really went into it with that; we just wanted to go out and do a great job and play as a band, and if something [more had] happened, it would have been great."

Q: So what is Scott referring to when he says, "The problems that were there could not be fixed no matter how hard we tried?"

Joey Belladonna: "I have no idea what problems he's talking about. I mean, hell, their problems could be other problems. My problems could be problems that aren't problems. I don't know…"

Q: Were there issues with songwriting input [for the new material that the band was working on]?

Joey Belladonna: "We didn't even get there. I didn't even go there. I wasn't even really officially talking to these guys at all [about writing a new record] during that time. The only time you heard something about [new] songs, it was like, 'Yeah, it would be great to do a record.' Or, 'We'll come out with a record.' Of course, they'll come out with a record. ANTHRAX is a band, regardless of if there's two other guys or three other guys, they're gonna come out with a record. Like they're doing right now. It's like, 'If you're not in, then he'll be in. And 'If he's not in, he'll be in.' Look back for just a second, if you think about it… Where's Danny [Spitz, guitar] in all this stuff? I mean, forget about me…"

Q: Yeah, actually, I wanted to ask you about that as well…

Joey Belladonna: "Well, that's a mystery. Where is he? What's going on with him? Forget about me. Let's look at him first. 'Cause he is part of that reunion. So what happened? It all fell apart…? Or there's problems…? It's like… When you're a band, you've got all kinds of things you have to make sure that are in your place and in your favor, and [you have to consider] your needs, too. And if it's all about other things, you have to work them out."

Q: When Charlie says, "I tried so hard to make things work and put in hours and hours or phone calls or as I'd like to call it 'therapy,'" what is he talking about?

Joey Belladonna: "I don't know what he's talking about."

Q: Have you guys spent hours and hours on the phone trying to work things out?

Joey Belladonna: "I haven't. I mean, he's talked with me, he's talked with my wife, he's talked with everybody. I mean, that's just part of being in a band anyhow. We don't nearly talk that much, believe me. I mean, there's not that much talk. I mean, if I talk with you and you wanna talk about things, but if it doesn't go your way… well, if it doesn't go a certain way, that means you just… that's it? I mean, c'mon… You always work through things if you have to — if you can. I don't get into airing all kinds of shit out, I'm not gonna get into all that crap — I just don't do it; I never have and I never will. I mean, if you wanna look back, I never harbored any old shit; I don't really care about all that. I mean, if you wanna get into that, there's a lot of stuff that wasn't in my favor long ago, but you think I cared when I got back with those guys? It's got nothing to do with that, really, at all."

Q: I'm just puzzled as to exactly what the issue was. 'Cause it just seems very odd that they would…

Joey Belladonna: [interrupting] "You'll never know. And if you do know, it'll be one-sided, so…"

Q: Is there anything you can think of that might have been an issue? Has anything been brought up to you that you guys needed to work on before this could go ahead? 'Cause Scott's saying that there was a tour offered…

Joey Belladonna: [interrupting] "There [were] tours offered all the time. Look, we've done a bunch of tours. We were done doing the [ROB] ZOMBIE thing before October, before we went to Japan, and we weren't offered pretty much anything. At that point I thought we might have been on a hiatus — I didn't know what was going on until the Japan show came in. I mean, whether you get a show or not, we're trying to… You wanna make sure you know what the hell you're doing before… You don't just do things all the time. And that's all we did — just jump on, and jump on, and jump on. You have to evaluate things a little bit, too, when you're doing stuff. You just don't… People knock on your door and say, 'Come on, our car is running. Let's go.' You've gotta think about what you're doing all the time. When it's not your band, you need to know a lot. You need to know what you're doing. You just don't do it blindfolded."

Q: When was the last time that you actually had a conversation with Charlie or Scott about your status in the band?

Joey Belladonna: "I only talked with Charlie and I talked with him maybe… I don't know, maybe a month ago…? Two months? A month and a half ago."

Q: And when you last spoke with Charlie, was it basically, "That's it, we're done," or was that not even raised at that point?

Joey Belladonna: "We didn't really know. There were just things we were trying to figure out what we could do and how we could things. You don't know things overnight. It's not like it's cut and dried. I suppose if you were together… Remember, I was with those guys for eight, nine, ten years, and I was out for 13, so here I am coming back in, and it's just… you wanna know… People would say, 'Why'd you go into it in the first place?' And I go, 'Why not? What did you think, I wouldn't do it? Certainly I'd do it.' I think I did quite well with them. Everything went well. So I can't complain."

Q: So you're saying there was never any discussion about you actually getting in there and writing, or helping to write, material for the new record?

Joey Belladonna: "He [Charlie] brought it up on that one phone call, but it's not like we sat around and [I was] assured that I would be doing a record. I mean, there was hypotheticals that we'd possibly do a record. But who's to say that I would even be there when they were doing it? We don't know. We never really got into all that kind of stuff really deeply. I mean, there's no way possible… I don't know what would happen. I had no recollection of any kind of scenario to paint for you for that. I mean, they were at the beginning stages [of the writing process] as it is."

Q: So when Scott says that you decided that you did not want to move forward, is that not true?

Joey Belladonna: "Scott wrote that — you never heard it from my mouth that I didn't wanna move forward. I was doing other things. I mean, if he says I didn't wanna move forward, I guess I'm not moving forward. They can say whatever they want."

Q: These solo gigs that you are doing right now, I know some of them were booked a few weeks ago…

Joey Belladonna: "I get 'em whenever. Like, they called me tonight with a gig. I just get calls. Sometimes you don't get a gig because you're still waiting on another one so you wanna put 'em together so you can drive from one to the other. Like I said, I was done for a while, and I wanted to do something. I mean, I sat around for so long."

Q: So you were planning on doing solo gigs even while you were still in ANTHRAX?

Joey Belladonna: "Not necessarily, no. I just felt like there was gonna be an opportunity for me to play, so I just got the itch to do it. I had fun doing it. God, I've been doing it since I've been gone [from the band the first time]."

Q: Was that an issue with the other guys?

Joey Belladonna: "No, I don't think so. And if it was, I'm sorry about that, but that's…"

Q: [interrupting] But they never raised that with you, as far as doing solo gigs while you were a member of ANTHRAX?

Joey Belladonna: "No. I mean, c'mon. I don't tell people that they can't do clinics, I don't tell people that they can't do radio shows or TV shows… I mean, nobody's telling anybody what to do there… I mean, that's not an issue."

Q: So if it were up to you right now, you would be doing a new ANTHRAX record with these guys and you would try and make it work?

Joey Belladonna: "If everything was kosher in all aspects? If everything was lined up, you're saying?"

Q: Yes.

Joey Belladonna: "Well, yeah, I would think so."

Q: When you say "if everything was lined up," is there anything in particular you are referring to?

Joey Belladonna: "You've gotta have everything in a row. If somebody says you're gonna go somewhere and do something, you've gotta know what you're doing. You've gotta know and you wanna know for sure what's going on. Like they said, they wanted to go in steps, [and] the steps have to be right. Again, it's not my band, I don't really call the shots. So I can't begin to dictate what's gonna happen. And in order for you to dictate what's going on, you have to listen and you have to understand what's going on to decide what you're gonna do. I think after the third time you deserve all the right to figure those things out. I don't know about you, if you do things, if you just go there and just show up and assume."

Q: No, but the reason I think this is kind of confusing is basically you guys had a certain way of working back in the late '80s, early '90s, and then 13 years later, you guys came back together and I'm assuming that the way that these guys went about certain things pretty much has stayed the same — people don't really change all that much once they're kind of set in their ways. So I'm assuming that everybody kind of knew what they were getting into and that once you got back together, you would sort of pick up where you left off.

Joey Belladonna: "I think we did in some portions, but I think when people move on, they get older, they grow wiser and smarter and they have different ways. I mean, anybody is doing things exactly the same. 'Cause they've had another band, too. I'm sure they ran their other thing a little bit different. They probably had different scenarios per person."

Q: Yeah, it was a different dynamic, different person involved.

Joey Belladonna: "There's no way to be… It's not gonna be the same. If anything, everybody's gonna be a little more cautious of how they run… Hell, if you wanna watch the DVD [that was released of the reunion], you'll see that everybody's like, 'Well, we'll see what happens. We don't know. I wanna make sure… this and that.' If you watch it closely, you'll see that some people are a little hesistant at first."

Q: Were there any demands that you made in terms of what you needed in order to proceed that these guys would not satisfy that you think might have led to them calling this thing off?

Joey Belladonna: "I don't make any demands. I'm not into that. I'm not sitting around dictating anything."

Q: So you cannot think of anything — anything that you might have done that might have caused these guys to basically assume that you did not want to move forward?

Joey Belladonna: "I'm sure if it isn't in their favor, they're gonna move. And I don't really care to figure that out."

Q: Was it a financial issue?

Joey Belladonna: "No. Financial? I mean, c'mon. People, when they go 'financial,' just think for a minute. Read about this huge tour that I'm supposed to be doing. Wouldn't anybody just get in and go for that? I mean, that's a good sign of not about financial [issues], that's for damn sure. It's nothing to do with that. And I don't even know what that is and if that was even really, quote, positively true, or if it was… See, I don't know that stuff. So, no, it's not financial. It's just everything. You just need to know what you're doing. I mean, you need to be in control… to be in control of what you're doing."

Q: You mentioned Danny's name earlier? Have you spoken to him at all?

Joey Belladonna: "I've talked to him before, yeah…"

Q: But I mean in the last week or so since this news first broke?

Joey Belladonna: "Yeah, he called me. He was surprised. He found out through the Internet, somebody said that it was over. 'Surprise, surprise,' I said to him. And then we just started talking about other things. What do you do? You just sit there and go, 'Wow. That was interesting.'"

Q: Both of you guys [you and Danny] found out through the Internet [that the reunion was over]? When Scott put out a statement, that was the first you guys heard of this?

Joey Belladonna: "Yeah, I had a friend of mine call me. He said, 'Did you read that thing on Blabbermouth? Scott said it's over.' I was like, 'Wow! Really? Where'd you see that?' And of course, I'm not online that much — I don't really go on the computer at all."

Q: So that was the first you heard of you no longer being part of this?

Joey Belladonna: "Yeah. I mean, officially — right out, straight out…"

Q: And Danny expressed to you that he was equally surprised [to hear about this]?

Joey Belladonna: "He just… I guess he was saying he would have liked to… I don't really wanna speak for him. He just happened to call and said, 'I see something online. What's going on?' I said, 'I don't know, man. Maybe we oughta find out.' [Laughs]"

Q: This all seems very, very strange.

Joey Belladonna: "Yes, it's a very strange thing. It'll always be a strange thing. It's hard enough. It's gonna remain confusing. I mean, if you wanna go way back, it's still confusing. I still, to this day, don't even know why we even had to come to this yet. We could have been… Of course, everybody's like, 'Well, we've gotta move on. Do something new. Get a new singer. Let's be different. Let's try something current.' Obviously when I got back in there, things were pretty decent. I mean, it's like you said, it's as if it wasn't any different, it was just as good as it was long ago, and here we are, and you really have to have that middle piece that took place that changed everything that we used to do — everything. Nothing against what they did — great, you tried it — bet you know, man, hey, we had something that was really pretty good. But I guess that's part of being in a group that likes to experiment."

Q: I just think it's very odd. I think a lot of people were looking forward to at least seeing this lineup record a new album.

Joey Belladonna: "But that's tough to hang that over my head or anybody's head."

Q: Well, they're kind of making it appear as if you made that decision.

Joey Belladonna: "I don't think we officially made any decision. I mean, I couldn't tell you if we got four songs in that they were like, 'Well, we were really hoping for you to do something a little different, so I don't think this is gonna work. Thank you very much.' You don't know that. We don't know that. It's not like… If I'm doing my own thing, I know what's gonna happen and I'm gonna work it to the end, but I mean, I'm in their band and if, for some reason, they don't like what I'm doing, or something stupid, or if the tunes aren't coming together the way they wanted, you don't know anything. So there was no official… They don't even have any songs themselves that much yet to know what they're looking at yet. I mean, of course, I'm sure they have high hopes in everything they do, but you're never gonna figure that out."

Q: So you guys never got together or spoke, once they had some songs written, about actually starting to work on some stuff?

Joey Belladonna: "Charlie, when I spoke to him, he said he had some songs, but I haven't heard 'em. I couldn't tell you what they're all about. I couldn't tell you what direction it's at."

Q: It's not clear that John Bush is gonna come back, and there is speculation that he may not want to…

Joey Belladonna: "That's what I hear, but even then, it's like, you've still got that hanging over your head. That gets boring after a while. I mean, it's like, 'Who cares?' It's great that he's in the wings. It's like we're both being back-up quarterbacks, and it's bullshit."

Q: Well, that's kind of why I wanted to get to the bottom of this. 'Cause it seems to me almost like there's two singers involved and now neither one is actually gonna front the band.

Joey Belladonna: "Well, maybe that could give you an idea that there's a little bit different ends that are going on that somebody can't enter anyhow. If you think of… even with those guys, how confusing is it that all of a sudden there was a reunion thing, whether we know for a fact that they wanted to do it for real and all the way, or was it a part-time thing, was somebody gonna come back in? We don't know that — we'll never that until somebody tells you the full story of why they went and did it. Maybe it is only because of a reunion. Or is it because of this? 'And we weren't really gonna do it this way and when we got done with that…' I wouldn't even know what they're gonna do. It's tough. It's a tough situation. All I know is that I did more than we thought we were gonna do, and I think we really were really successful enough to at least say we didn't do one month and go, 'Hey, man, it was really cool to get back together. Man, those shows were great,' and that's it. We did a hell of a lot more than that. That's one thing I say that was really positive that I dug — we played well and we had a really good run. If I was to take anything out of it, I think that was good."

Q: Do you think their intentions were pure when they decided to get back together with you?

Joey Belladonna: "I would think so. I mean, I think there was the 20-year anniversary, there was this, there was that. I'm not even gonna speculate on all kinds of possibilities why. I'd always say 'Why not?' too. I'd say, 'Maybe there'll be a day, maybe. How cool would that be?' And that's what we did."

Q: Did you guys get along on the road? Were there a lot of fights?

Joey Belladonna: "No, no. We really didn't have that much stuff. It was pretty similar to long ago. Everybody's individual, everybody's different, everybody's grown up and moved into different friends and activities and habits, and this and that. It's a business, man. That's what it is."

Q: You are now doing a few solo shows.

Joey Belladonna: "Yeah, like 10. I guess, like 10 or so."

Q: Someone told me that you are actually playing drums [as well as singing]?

Joey Belladonna: "No, I'm actually [just] singing. It's a four-piece band."

Q: Is this a brand new lineup?

Joey Belladonna: "Brand new. I was literally doing it in the last month or so."

Q: And you're playing mostly ANTHRAX stuff?

Joey Belladonna: "No. In fact, the other night I did mostly all originals and one ANTHRAX [song], but I do a lot of ANTHRAX stuff anyhow, but I just never got around to it the other night, 'cause the set was shorter 'cause it was a support slot with OVERKILL and METAL CHURCH and MELIAH RAGE there, so we just kind of went in and slammed out mostly originals and one ANTHRAX [song]."

Q: So are you comfortable with what you're doing now? Is that what you plan on doing for the foreseeable future or do you have any other plans?

Joey Belladonna: "At this point, it's so early on, [but] I guess since one door shuts, you kind of roll through it and get into a new thing and you take that on. I dig doing it [the solo thing]. I have plenty of songs that are really comfortable to sing and I like the direction that I've had put together. As far as other projects, I get occasional e-mails here and there like I've always gotten and we talk about all kinds of things, but a lot of it's a difficult situation 'cause you've gotta plan and find out what people are really up to. Are they really into playing or…? But I mean, I like doing one thing, if I can do it… ANTHRAX, when I did that, I was doing that — I wasn't off doing seminars and voiceovers and this crap, all this kind of stuff — it was ANTHRAX all the way. Now that I'm not doing that, I guess I'm doing this all the way. It takes enough time for me to do this 'cause I'm doing a lot of it myself."

si tu arrive ici cher lecteur, tu a toutes mes félicitations :D

03 Fév 2007 14:04
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

J'suis arrivé en bas, mais sans avoir lu le début, ça compte ? :D

Sinon j'espère aussi que Bush sera assez intelligent pour pas revenir.
Mais j'espère surtout qu'ils vont trouver un putain de chanteur et enfin se remettre à bosser sur un nouvel album.

03 Fév 2007 14:45

On January 23, 2007, Bob Nalbandian of Shockwaves magazine conducted a 36-minute interview with ARMORED SAINT/ex-ANTHRAX vocalist John Bush about Bush's current status with ANTHRAX and his future plans. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET from Shockwaves Podcast #9):

Shockwaves: A lot of people are wondering, everyone wants to know your side... What is the situation with ANTHRAX right now — with you and ANTHRAX?

John Bush: The situation is, ironically enough, I'm actually still a member of the band legally, although I haven't really made any decisions relating to the band in the last couple of years. But on a legal level, I'm still a member of the band. It was March of 2005, I guess… That was the last tour I did with the band, which was that South American thing that we did, which was awesome, and that was it. So I, mean, a bunch of stuff has gone on — and we don't wanna get into that — but the bottom line is that we're here now almost two years after that, and there's been talk about doing some writing, and I'm just not ready to do that with ANTHRAX yet. Ever? I don't know. I live my life kind of like that anyway. [adopting a David Lee Roth singing voice] "I live my life like there's no tomorrow…" Anyway, I do really like to live my life that way, and so I can't really speak for the future too much as much as I can speak for the present, and the present, right now, it's just not where I'm at mentally. I've kind of got other things going on in my life that are really my priorities and therefore to get into a situation of just writing, I think, is a commitment, and as little of a commitment as it may be perceived as, it's still a commitment. So for me to go, "Yeah, I'll do some writing," to me that kind of says, well, I'm not just doing some writing — "Hey, we'll write a couple of songs, and hey, maybe we'll do something with it." I know the bigger picture, and the bigger picture is if you're writing songs, it's commitment, and I don't wanna give them any false sense of commitment that I'm not willing to follow through on. And so that's why I've declined that. And that's about as far as I've taken it. I don't know what they're gonna do other than that — I think that's kind of in their world — but as far as me writing with the band, as of January 23, 2007, I'm not ready to do that.

Shockwaves: A lot of people are wondering what you've done since the departure. Obviously you're a family man now. You've got a young daughter and you've got a second one on the way…

John Bush: A son.

Shockwaves: Son?

John Bush: Yeah, a little boy. [laughs] You find out that stuff here after about five months or so.

Shockwaves: Congratulations.

John Bush: Yeah, it'll be awesome.

Shockwaves: You're also involved in your wife's casting company, and you've done quite a bit of commercials yourself.

John Bush: Well, that's separate — that's voiceover stuff. That's my thing — I was doing some voiceover work, and I've done some work…

Shockwaves: Can you talk about some of the stuff?

John Bush: Yeah. I have an agent as well. I do voiceover work — well, when I get it. It had been a long time since I actually got a job, and then I finally got a job a couple of months ago, and it was just a big job — it was Burger King. It's also with Xbox — Xbox made these videos for Burger King that they sold exclusively through Burger King and they were looking for a new voice for the campaign, and I got it. So it was cool, and it's been pretty nice, and it's fun, and the commercials are funny. The director's good. It's this guy Kinka Usher, who's done a bunch of commercials, and probably done music videos as well — I can't think of who off the top of my head. But they're cool commercials, and it's fun. And I like doing it. Voiceover's fun. I'm still using my voice in some capacity other than not singing, really. And that's it. And then my wife's company — we have our own business, and this is a casting studio that we do commercials out of. When I left the band, I had to say, "OK, how am I gonna make a living?" It wasn't like I was sitting back and relying on my giant, enormous savings. [laughs] I still had to work, so that's what happened. I went into… Obviously my wife has a business so I've helped her in various ways, whether it's helping her cast commercials or doing janitorial duties, or whatever… I'm not above it, so I don't give a shit. But, yeah, that's the story. It's been great, 'cause it's our own little family business and it's neat. And it's been helpful, and it pays the bills. I did some stuff with [ARMORED] SAINT — we did some shows. Actually, I think we're gonna do the Rock Hard Festival [in Germany] — one show in May. That's pretty much almost confirmed now. Mainly because we're really good friends with the writers of that magazine — they've been supportive through the years of my career and ARMORED SAINT's career, so they want us to play, so it's a one-off in May, so that should be cool. But other than that, I don't have any plans with SAINT because…

Shockwaves: You did England, too?

John Bush: We did some dates last summer. It was real fun. We had a good time.

Shockwaves: It was your first time in England, huh?

John Bush: Nah. Second time. We played London in 1991, but we never really did any other dates in the U.K. other than that, so we feel like that was cool. We did some festivals, and we played some local shows — being the Galaxy and Anaheim, and, of course, House of Blues [in West Hollywood] with DEATH ANGEL and FLOTSAM [AND JETSAM], and that was awesome. But I'm not looking to do some big thing with ARMORED SAINT right now either. That would be a commitment that I'm not willing to make either at this point. The handful of shows was fun, and it was easy, the House of Blues was awesome — we never played there as ARMORED SAINT. It was packed and it was a great gig. Like I told the guys, "Let's cherish this memory, because this could be it." [laughs] "So you'd better really embrace this one." I mean, 'cause it was. What are we gonna do? Go try and play it again? It's just unrealistic, at least at this point.

Shockwaves: What about recording with ARMORED SAINT? Have you been writing with Joey [Vera, bass] at all or getting together with him?

John Bush: No. I mean, we've talked about it. Joey's kind of been pretty occupied with his life and his family and he did his own solo record, so I don't think the time is now for that. It's also a big bite to chew, and I don't think that's where my mind is at either. It's funny… Not to look at it like I'm some "true man to his art," because most of those people that say that shit are full of shit, but the real fact of the matter is — and I think this is something that everyone should really appreciate — I've gotta love it. I've gotta love it, I've gotta believe in it, I've gotta want it. And if I don't want it — whatever that may be — then I'm not gonna do it. And I think that should be admired, because I could probably do different things for a couple of various reasons that probably are superficial and not real genuine, and I'm just unwilling to do that at this stage of my life. Again, I don't know what the future holds — all I know is right now this is where my head's at. For me to go, "OK, let me do an ANTHRAX record because I can or because maybe those guys wanna do one, but my heart's not in it," I don't wanna sell that short, because I'm really proud of everything that I've done in that band — we've made amazing records, regardless of the sales; especially "We've Come for You All" was an awesome record. And for me to go into a position where I'm not, like, super serious about it and wanting to do it, and the desire is not there, I think I'd be selling myself, the rest of the band and the whole fanbase short. And so why would I do that? That's my theory.

Shockwaves: Where do you see [yourself going from here musically]?

John Bush: I don't know yet. Like I said, I don't think it's something that I have to really worry about too much right now. I think that time will decide as to what my future is. I know that's kind of vague — no one really wants to hear that, especially a journalist — but I'm being honest. I just don't know. I think that whatever I do next, I wanna make sure that my heart's into it, and if it's not, then I don't wanna do anything. 'Cause I feel that my catalog of music speaks for itself. So it's not like I feel like I've gotta rush to hurry up and make something because otherwise people will forget. I know that I run that risk, and that's OK — I'm OK with that. But the reality is whatever I do next, I just wanna love it, so that I can give it the love that it deserves. So until I feel that, I don't know. I do know that I'm doing a song with Peter Wichers, who was in SOILWORK, who is the guy that is orchestrating this whole Nuclear Blast 20th anniversary record that's gonna come out this year sometime. We've written a song together, I think it's really cool. I still have to record it. I'm excited about that. It came really quickly to me, as far as writing it, so I think that gives me a lot of hope for the fact that I still have the ability to write songs. And so when the next step comes to doing that, I'll be ready. But when that'll be, I don't know.

07 Fév 2007 15:46
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

C'est dingue de pas savoir ce qu'on veut à ce point.
En gros il cherche du taff quoi, ya bien un groupe à la hauteur qui cherche un chanteur en ce moment, non? Candlemass?

07 Fév 2007 16:35

Candlemass a trouvé son chanteur y a pas longtemps, ça doit etre quelque part dans les news

07 Fév 2007 16:38
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

http://www.heavenandhell-fr.com/viewtopic.php?t=5179

sinon pour anthrax, je veux juste un nouvel album du niveau du précédent, pour le nouveau chanteur, j'espere qu'il engageront un bon :clin:

07 Fév 2007 17:39
Long Distance Runner

Et des fans lancent une pétition pour que le groupe prenne... Paul Di'Anno !!

According to MaidenNorway.com, fans of ANTHRAX have launched an online petition to get members of ANTHRAX to consider former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno as their new frontman. The petition reads as follows:

"As longtime fans of ANTHRAX, we consider the future of the band of the utmost importance. The band's lack of a singer concerns us because we truly care about ANTHRAX. While many of us would like to see the return of one of their more popular singers (specifically, John Bush or Joey Belladonna), we understand that that may not be possible. Because of these circumstances, and because of our want for ANTHRAX quality material (both for the band's sake, and admittedly, for our own sake), we would like to make a suggestion for lead singer we feel is appropriate for the band to consider. This singer has fronted one of heavy metal's all-time greatest bands during arguably its best years. His name? Paul Di'Anno. Di'Anno is most famous for his work with IRON MAIDEN during 1978-1981, including during the releases of the classic albums 'Iron Maiden' and 'Killers'. We know ANTHRAX are great IRON MAIDEN fans and know they specifically enjoy some songs from these albums, as we've heard ANTHRAX cover them. Paul has a great metal tone while bringing a punk-ish feel and attitude, a great fit for the similarly-styled ANTHRAX. Di'Anno puts on a notoriously great show, essential for a band with the great live reputation that ANTHRAX has. We will specify right now that this petition does not directly ask for Di'Anno to become the singer, but only for the band to consider it as a possibility. If the band does not feel that the match makes sense for whatever reason, we will understand — all we ask is the band consider what we believe is a good idea, both exciting and realistically possible."

Pour signer allez .

Trust - Promesse Osée

25 Fév 2007 23:42
Crimson Idol

et pourquoi pas Glenn Benton chez Evanescence ?

Fly out, I'm trapped under rice …

26 Fév 2007 7:15
Long Distance Runner

Je hais Dream Theater!!!

27 Fév 2007 16:21
Répondre au sujet   [ 73 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4