Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 13:23

Répondre au sujet  [ 168 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 BRUCE DICKINSON "A Tyranny of Souls" 
Auteur Message
Long Distance Runner

Répondre en citant le message
Message Re: BRUCE DICKINSON "A Tyranny of Souls"
Dans le coffret, y-aura-t-il son duo avec Mister Bean ?

lol

31 Aoû 2017 15:04
Profil YIM
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

31 Aoû 2017 15:56
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Dans le coffret, y-aura-t-il son duo avec Mister Bean ?

lol

Excellent !

Je n'étais pas au courant de ce duo.

31 Aoû 2017 20:27

Il y a aura un album solo de Bruce avec sa version de If Eternity Should Fail

Citation:
Bruce Dickinson says that the long-awaited follow-up to his 2005 solo album "Tyranny Of Souls" will likely include a reworked version of "If Eternity Should Fail", the opening track on the latest IRON MAIDEN disc "The Book Of Souls".

During the press junket for "The Book Of Souls", Dickinson revealed that he had about "half" of his seventh record already written and he also confirmed that "If Eternity Should Fail" was originally penned as a Dickinson solo track.

On December 5, Bruce told Finland's Kaaos TV that there are still tentative plans for him to resume work on his new solo album. "I just need to go and get some time and go and write some more material," he said (see video below).

According to Dickinson, the original plan was for his next solo record to be "a whole concept album, which was gonna be called 'If Eternity Should Fail'. And 'If Eternity Should Fail' was the title track to my new solo album," he said. "And a bit like [Dickinson's 1989 solo song] 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' [laughs], it got commandeered for IRON MAIDEN. So if I did do another solo album, which I think I will, I might just stick to my original plan and have that as the title track. I mean, I did write it — it was the first track that I wrote for it. So, yeah, I'd probably still include that song. But it would be… the feel would be slightly different — not very much, though — from the MAIDEN version."

Back in 2015, Dickinson told France's Hard Force magazine that "If Eternity Should Fail" ended up being used by IRON MAIDEN after bassist Steve Harris heard the demos that Bruce was working on for what was supposed to be his next solo album. "And [Steve] went, 'That's a really cool song. Can we use that? That's gonna be the opening song on the album,'" he recalled. "And I went, 'Yeah, okay.' And he was already writing, I think… He was already thinking of 'The Book Of Souls' as being the title, so he told me about the Mayan thing. And I'm, like, 'Yeah, that's cool. Okay. Yeah, I see where you're going.' But in my case, that song was written as part of a story. So the spoken word at the end is the beginning of a story that goes through the whole album. And one of the characters is Dr. Necropolis; he's the bad guy. And the good guy is Professor Lazarus; he raises people from the dead. So that introduces Necropolis in the spoken-word thing. And I asked Steve… I said, 'Look. Okay. I get having the song…' 'Cause it opens up with, 'Here is the soul of a man.' 'Yup. Get that. But what about the end?' I said, 'Will people understand what this is about? Because this is nothing to do with the Mayans or anything. This is to do with… I'd come up with a concept album that doesn't happen.' [Laughs] And he [went], 'No, no, no. It's just talking about souls and everything, and it sounds great.' I went, 'Okay.' [Laughs]"

10 Déc 2017 17:52
Profil Site Internet

Citation:
In a new interview with Loudwire, IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson was asked whether there are any plans for him to work on a new solo album to follow up 2005's "Tyranny Of Souls". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I am obviously coming over to [America to] do the one-man [spoken-word] show [beginning in late January]. When I get to the end of the one-man show thing at the end of March, then the idea is I've got about three weeks cooling my heels somewhere. I'll lie down in a darkened room for a couple of days and recover from the tour and then put my singing head on and go and have a chat with [longtime collaborator] Roy ['Z' Ramirez]. 'Cause we've already got a bunch of material, but we need to organize it a little bit. We have demos and everything, but we need to organize it a bit more properly and be a bit more serious about it — maybe write a few more tunes. And then basically leave it down to Roy. [Once] we've got what we wanna do, he can go off and start doing backing tracks and things like that. Obviously, I'm gonna be going out on tour with MAIDEN [later in the year], but we made 'Tyranny Of Souls' that way. 'Tyranny Of Souls' was done not exactly remotely — well, kind of remotely in that I wasn't physically present when some of the backing tracks were done but he sent me the backtracks and I listened to them and went, 'These are cool.' And some of them I wrote the words to the backtracks, and the tunes and everything. And some of them we had already done. So mixing and matching like that sometimes gets great results."

06 Jan 2022 12:06
Profil Site Internet
Crimson Idol

R.I.P Lemmy

08 Jan 2022 20:13

21 Avr 2022 16:49
Profil Site Internet
Crimson Idol

J'ai hâte d'écouter ce que le grand Bruce va nous proposer.

R.I.P Lemmy

23 Avr 2022 17:17
Répondre au sujet   [ 168 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9