Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 18 Avr 2024 2:06

Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 
 Darkthrone refuse un award norvegien 
Auteur Message
Long Distance Runner

Répondre en citant le message
Message Darkthrone refuse un award norvegien
Le légendaire groupe de black metal Darkthrone qui étaient nominés dans la catégorie métal des Alarm Awards norvégiens pour leur dernier album "Sardonic Wrath", ont été retirés de la liste.
Le groupe a indiqué qu'ils jouaient "un black métal honnête et vrai" et qu'ils ne souhaitaient pas faire partie de la partie la partie paillettes et showbiz de l'industrie de la musique.

La news pour les anglophones :

Legendary Norwegian black metal band DARKTHRONE, nominated last Wednesday in the "Metal" category for the highly coveted Norwegian Alarm Awards, have now been removed from the list of nominees.

DARKTHRONE, one of five candidates in the metal category for their album "Sardonic Wrath", communicated their dissatisfaction at being nominated in an article published in Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten the day after the selected names were released to the public. "We play real and honest black metal," drummer Fenriz commented in the article. "And we have no interest in being part of the glitter and showbiz side of the music industry."

Alarm Awards chief, Svein Bjørge, was surprised by the band's reaction but hasted to find a solution that culminated in the band's elimination from the category altogether.

On hearing the news that their wish had been granted, Fenriz commented, "I just wanted to say my piece about the whole Alarm nomination thing last week and whether they kept us in or not would have been no skin off my nose."

"I have everything AGAINST awards for black metal," Nocturno Culto added. "What a fucking circus this has become."

"I am not against awards in general," Fenriz concluded. "I just thought it was not for us."

"Sardonic Wrath" is out now on Moonfog with promotion and distribution through The End Records in North America.

http://rateyourmusic.com/~monstermetal

20 Déc 2004 11:52
Répondre au sujet   [ 1 message ]