Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 14:21

Répondre au sujet  [ 2 messages ] 
 Soulfly - Ritual 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Soulfly - Ritual
Hop on ne chôme toujours pas chez Maxou!

Citation:
SOULFLY has set "Ritual" as the title of its new album, tentatively due in October via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2015's "Archangel" was recorded with producer Josh Wilbur, who has previously worked with LAMB OF GOD, GOJIRA and ALL THAT REMAINS, among others.

Fan-filmed video footage of SOULFLY performing a new song called "The Summoning", which will appear on "Ritual", on June 28 in Zwolle, Netherlands can be seen below. Also available is a new video interview with SOULFLY leader Max Cavalera, conducted by Agoraphobic News on July 4 in Novi Sad, Serbia.

Max recently told PureGrainAudio about "Ritual": "I know musicians [always] say their new record is their favorite, but [this new] SOULFLY [album] really hits home, man, because it's got a little of everything that I really love about SOULFLY. It's got some of the tribal elements back in the groove, and it's got a lot of fast stuff. It's almost like a 'tribal thrash' record, which is kind of… it's never been done before. So it's a real political and spiritual [album mixed] with tribal [and] thrash [sounds]. The tribal grooves go right in hand with fast thrash, death metal stuff. So it's pretty cool, man. I think people are gonna be turned up when they hear the new SOULFLY."

Max told Jack Antonio that the new SOULFLY album would include "a song about a Navajo murder that happened on a Navajo reservation — the police killed this young girl and I was really intrigued with the whole story and we made a song out of it," he said.

As for the disc's musical direction, Max said that it has "a little bit of a 'Chaos A.D.' [SEPULTURA] kind of feeling to it — that kind of groove, but also [with elements of] thrash. It's a contemporary record — it feels like it's done right now. I'm really stoked on it. I think it does kind of have that classic 'Chaos A.D.' feeling to it, which is great; I think it's really cool to have that kind of feeling on the record."

Max also praised his SOULFLY bandmates' contributions to the new album, saying: "Marc Rizzo [SOULFLY guitarist] is doing some amazing guitar stuff. All the players — Zyon [Cavalera, Max's son and SOULFLY drummer] did a great job on the drums. I tried really hard to have different topics and different lyrics, so my vocals are a bit different and I'm touching different subjects on the album. So all that together makes it into something special."

07 Juil 2018 18:43
Profil Site Internet
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message

09 Sep 2018 23:05
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 2 messages ]