Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024 12:43

Répondre au sujet  [ 2 messages ] 
 Primus - The Desaturating Seven 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Primus - The Desaturating Seven

Citation:
PRIMUS will release its ninth studio album, "The Desaturating Seven", on September 29 via ATO Records. This is the first studio album of original material since 1995's "Tales From The Punchbowl" with the classic PRIMUS lineup of Les Claypool (vocals, bass), Larry LaLonde (guitar) and Tim Alexander (drums).

"The Desaturating Seven" is inspired by a 1970s children's book Claypool often read to his kids when they were growing up. The book tells a story of seven goblins — one representing each color of the rainbow — who simultaneously pull all of the color out of the world.

"Many years ago when my children were little kidlets scurrying around the place wreaking havoc and whatnot till it was time for bed and book time, my wife turned them on to a book called "The Rainbow Goblins" by Ul De Rico," Claypool explained. "The dark imagery and beauty of the art struck me immediately and I thought, 'this would make good fodder for a piece of music.' The use of color and darkness both in the paintings and the writing was compelling and now, near two decades later, the metaphor of greed, gluttony and deceit vs unity of the masses is eerily relevant. I brought the notion to the PRIMUS guys and they were all for it. Plus, I figured it's about time someone brought 'Goblin Rock' back to the fold."

The official lyric video for the first single, "The Seven", can be seen below.

"The Desaturated Seven" will have two unique vinyl pressings — a limited-edition desaturated version drained of most of its color with a white vinyl and a version with full color sleeve and clear vinyl with rainbow splatter.

Regarding the musical direction of "The Desaturating Seven", Claypool told Rolling Stone: "It definitely has that 'Discipline' feel," referencing KING CRIMSON's 1981 LP. "But it's also very reminiscent of [PRIMUS's 1991 track] 'Jerry Was A Racecar Driver', that tapping and the syncopated bit with me and [LaLonde]. But all that probably comes from the CRIMSON influence as well because CRIMSON was definitely a big influence on the three of us."

A Grammy-nominated and multi-platinum-selling band, PRIMUS has toured with some of rock's biggest names (JANE'S ADDICTION, PUBLIC ENEMY, RUSH, U2, etc.) and headlined the third-ever Lollapalooza festival.

PRIMUS will promote "The Desaturating Seven" by embarking on a fall tour throughout the South and East Coast, including a Halloween show at New York City's Brooklyn Steel.

14 Aoû 2017 2:04
Profil Site Internet
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message

Citation:
PRIMUS will release a new three-song EP titled "Conspiranoid" on April 22 via ATO Records. The effort includes the 11-minute epic "Conspiranoia", which can be heard below.

PRIMUS frontman Les Claypool told Consequence about the genesis for the single and its accompanying B-sides: "With our new studio in the works and some impending touring, we decided the world needed to be subjected to some new PRIMUS material. Not wanting, or even having the time for recording an entire album, the notion of a 'single' was tossed around. I'd been itching to record an opus — basically a long, winding, bastard of a song, reminiscent of some of the compositions I cut my teeth (or ears) on, in my music-hungry adolescence. I said to the fellas, 'Let's record a 20-minute song.' The end result was an 11-and-a-half minute, progressive hunk of sound called 'Conspiranoia'.

"'Conspiranoia' was sprouted from a seed I had planted in my notebook a year or so ago — a few lines commenting on the mental state of the contemporary world," he explained. "I watched the distrust and divide grow between friends, colleagues, relatives, and the general population because of the consumption and digesting of disinformation, misinformation, warped information, and flat-out fairy tales being perpetuated by anyone with a slight hint of web design aptitude. I was compelled to shed light on the ridiculousness of many of these perspectives and the lack of rational thought that was being applied in the interpretation of many such entities and theories.

"Because the single 'Conspiranoia' is of such length, I realized that for a B-side of the vinyl, we would need at least two tunes to fill out the real estate of the actual 12-inch disc," Les added. "I had the song 'Follow The Fool' in the chamber and we fleshed it out. [Guitarist] Larry Lalonde had the riff for the song that became 'Erin On The Side Of Caution', which I supplied the lyrics for by again pulling from my notebook of notions. Because all three songs were bred in an odd time of divide, confusion, angst, frustration, and social senility, the title 'Conspiranoid' seemed like an appropriate moniker for the EP."

06 Avr 2022 15:54
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 2 messages ]