Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 29 Mar 2024 2:27

Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
 Crowbar - The Serpent Only Lies 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Crowbar - The Serpent Only Lies

Citation:
New Orleans sludge masters CROWBAR will release their eleventh album, "The Serpent Only Lies", on October 28. The cover artwork was created by renowned artist Eliran Kantor, who has previously worked with bands like HATEBREED, SOULFLY and KATAKLYSM.

Said CROWBAR frontman Kirk Windstein: "I intentionally went back and listened to a lot of old CROWBAR stuff, like the self-titled and 'Broken Glass' albums, to get a feel for what my mindset was 20-plus years ago. I also went back and listened to the bands that influenced CROWBAR in the beginning, like TROUBLE, SAINT VITUS, MELVINS, and the first TYPE O NEGATIVE record. So it was kinda me doing my homework."

The result is an album that stands toe-to-toe with those early CROWBAR classics while maintaining the lumbering hooks of mid-period standouts like 1998's "Odd Fellows Rest" and 2000's "Equilibrium". "Even lyrically, the approach was a little more old-school," Windstein offered. "Some of the songs have less lyrics to let the riffs breathe a little more, which I had kind of gotten away from over the years. It was a conscious thing to go back to that.”"

The tour cycle for "The Serpent Only Lies" marks the return of original CROWBAR bassist Todd "Sexy T" Strange, who left the band back in 1999 but now joins Windstein, drummer Tommy Buckley and guitarist Matt Brunson in forging CROWBAR's future.
Todd helped start the band, so having him back is important to me and, I think, the fans," Windstein said. "It's a great feeling to be standing onstage next to him. It's a breath of fresh air for the band and makes us stronger.

"Having this be our eleventh record, we're very fortunate because so many bands don't last this long," Windstein added. "My whole outlook on music as a career is the MOTÖRHEAD outlook, which is that slow and steady wins the race. If you continue to put out killer records, continue to kick ass onstage every night and continue to treat your fans with respect, that's the stuff people will remember."

30 Aoû 2016 7:57
Profil Site Internet

02 Sep 2016 5:59
Profil Site Internet

30 Sep 2016 6:10
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 3 messages ]