Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 18 Avr 2024 7:40

Répondre au sujet  [ 12 messages ] 
 Borknagar - True North 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Borknagar - True North

Citation:
Norwegian epic black metal pioneers BORKNAGAR will release their tenth studio album, "Winter Thrice", on January 22, 2016 via Century Media. The official video for the CD's title track can be seen below. The clip was directed by David Solbjørg and Kjetil Kolbjørnsrud for Twitchy Films.

BORKNAGAR founder and guitarist Øystein G. Brun comments on the video: "Finally it's time to present our brand new video for the song 'Winter Thrice'. Being the title track for the tenth album, we wanted this to be something special. We are indeed a special band. The song and the video features all the four vocalists throughout our 20 years of adventure, including Kristoffer Rygg, a.k.a. Garm, who was our very first vocalist back in the days. The video was produced by the eminent team from Twitchy Films and was captured at various locations in Norway; first and foremost at the amazing Midgard Historiske Senter at Borre, but also in the furious wilderness of the wintry Telemark. We all laid our hearts into this project; we hope that shines through!"

"Winter Thrice", which — just like 2012's "Urd" — was mixed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (OPETH, KREATOR, AMON AMARTH) and packaged in artwork by Marcelo Vasco of P2RDesign (SLAYER, MACHINE HEAD, SOULFLY), is unique to the BORKNAGAR catalogue also because it features four vocalist parts, including the return of original singer and ULVER mastermind Kristoffer Rygg, a.k.a. Garm, who guests on two songs.

The album encompasses everything that BORKNAGAR has put to tape over the past two decades, from their most brutal assaults to their most experimental compositions, with a larger progressive vibe than ever before, making it an absolute highlight in the band's already stellar career so far.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Rhymes Of The Mountain
02. Winter Thrice
03. Cold Runs The River
04. Panorama
05. When Chaos Calls
06. Erodent
07. Noctilucent
08. Terminus

23 Déc 2015 16:23
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

23 Déc 2015 20:21
Skeleton In The Forum

vintersorg quitte son poste de chanteur et est remplacé par ics vortex et lars nedland et un nouvel album est prévue.

ANDREAS "VINTERSORG" HEDLUND STEPS DOWN AS THE LEAD VOCALIST OF BORKNAGAR

Due to personal reasons, Andreas "Vintersorg" Hedlund has decided to step
down as the lead vocalist of BORKNAGAR. The decision is based on mutual
understanding, respect and in a friendly manner with the rest of the band. BORKNAGAR would like to express their sincere gratitude for the musical brotherhood we have shared throughout the years and wish Andreas the very best in his future endeavours. There is no drama to this situation, and our friendship will remain. No one should be too surprised if "Vintersorg" reappears as a guest vocalist on a future record.

As a natural consequence, I.C.S Vortex will take a step forward into the role as
the band´s lead vocalist, and will, together with Lars Nedland, carry on BORKNAGARs legacy of vocal brilliance.

Øystein G. Brun comments:

"It is with a lot of respect, gratitude and good memories I see
one of my brothers in music set sails for new shores. Times are changing,
and we both saw this coming for a while. Even though we are splitting as partners in BORKNAGAR, I am happy to say that we have decided to carry on our musical brotherhood in Cronian (Official). A new album will be released whenever time allows for that."

Andreas "Vintersorg" Hedlund comments

”Time has come to make some tough decisions and let reality set the rules. It is with both a light and heavy heart I leave Borknagar as the lead vocalist. The light part is that it´s done in an amicable way and that this is the right thing to do for me, in respect for the fans and Borknagar. The heavy part is that it’s hard to leave something this meaningful and beautiful. My situation after the accident makes it hard to tour, and my job situation complicates things further. So in a way I’m not ”leaving” as such, it’s more like I’m putting some oil into the Borknagar machinery so the band can keep their busy schedule, get out on the road and meet you guys. Borknagar will always have a special place in my heart and mind, and I hope that I can do some guest performances further down the road. The guys in the band are fantastic musicians and persons and I wish them the best of luck. However, Cronian is not dead and may shake its head before you know it.”

BORKNAGAR is currently in the final stages of recording their eleventh album. It will be mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studio closer this spring. An official release date will be dropped in a not so distant future.

20 Fév 2019 17:56

Vortex revient dans le groupe, je ne connais pas les albums de Borknagar des débuts, ça mérite le détour?

20 Fév 2019 18:23
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

je ne connais pas très bien le premier opus, qui est pour moi du pur black avec au micro le chanteur d'ulver, c'est avec older domain que le groupe trouve son style avec toujours le mec d'ulver et le guitariste d'enslaved reconvertit en clavieriste. Celui que je recommande c'est le troisieme opus nomme the archaic course avec vortex aux chants clair et aux hurlements black voila voila :clin:

20 Fév 2019 19:22

Citation:
The upcoming album by Norway's avant-garde metallers BORKNAGAR, titled "True North", will be released on September 27 via Century Media. The follow-up to 2016's "Winter Thrice" was once again been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden.

BORKNAGAR founder and guitarist Øystein G. Brun comments: "This has indeed been a thunderous ride, and we are truly excited to finally start revealing some news about our upcoming album.

"We have spent almost two years writing, recording and producing 'True North' and we are extremely proud of what we have achieved this time around. On behalf of the whole band, I can firmly say that we have pushed the limits of our musical exploration, while our musical roots have grown even deeper into the northern ground. This is the most diverse, powerful and grandiose BORKNAGAR album to date! Let there be no doubt!

"Yet again we have been working with Thor Erik Dullum and Marcelo Vasco for cover and layout design. From the very beginning of the process, we wanted this album to have a very clear, crisp and organic cover that spearheads the cold and northern essence of the album. So what could be more natural than basing it on our very own Nordic surroundings? Furthermore, we are also very happy to reveal that we have extended our deal with Century Media Records."

BORKNAGAR is

Øystein G. Brun - Clean and Electric Guitar
Lars A. Nedland - Keys and Vocals
ICS Vortex - Bass and Vocals
Bjørn Dugstad Rønnow - Drums
Jostein Thomassen - Lead Guitar

05 Juil 2019 7:15
Profil Site Internet
Long Distance Runner

03 Aoû 2019 9:31
Profil YIM
Skeleton In The Forum

j'apprécie asez ce titre.

06 Sep 2019 15:10
Long Distance Runner

Je suis rarement déçu par BORKNAGAR. Je les avais découverts à la fin des années 90 en concert à Paris en 1ère partie de CRADLE OF FILTH le 15 novembre 1998 exactement, avec aussi NAPALM DEATH. Pour une fois, les 3 groupes avaient un son énorme. Je dis "une fois", car sur les 6 fois où j'ai vu CRADLE en concert, c'est le seul concert où le son était vraiment très bon. La prestation de BORKNAGAR avait été très bonne, mais malheureusement pour eux NAPALM DEATH est arrivé juste après et a tout écraser tellement la prestation était géante, la prestation de CRADLE avait aussi été très bonne mais j'ai trouvé que NAPALM DEATH a été tellement impressionnant que passer avant ou après ce groupe était du suicide, du coup CRADLE semblait fade comparé à NAPALM, de même que BORKNAGAR.

Ce qui ne m'a pas empêché d'acheter "The Olden Domain" et "The Archaic Course" de BORKNAGAR qui sont 2 albums que j'apprécie beaucoup :)

06 Sep 2019 17:12
Profil YIM
Skeleton In The Forum

27 Sep 2019 12:25
Long Distance Runner

Je l'ai écouté environ 5 fois depuis ce matin, je suis à fond, je suis accroc :hop:

27 Sep 2019 15:57
Profil YIM
Heavy Metal Lawyer

28 Sep 2019 7:43
Répondre au sujet   [ 12 messages ]