Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 01 Mai 2024 17:30

Répondre au sujet  [ 15 messages ] 
 Devin Townsend - Z2 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Devin Townsend - Z2

Citation:
Devin will soon launch a three-month-long crowdfunding campaign on PledgeMusic for CASUALTIES OF COOL since the album will be released without record-label backing.

In a 2013 interview with BluntMag.com.au, Devin stated about CASUALTIES OF COOL: "If there's anybody who's new to what I do, who maybe heard 'Liberation' or some of the songs off 'Epicloud' and thought, 'This is really cool, I could get into this,' you're going to hate CASUALTIES. [laughs] I mean, really, it's as opposite of 'Epicloud' as 'Ghost' was to 'Deconstruction'. It's this weird, dark, not evil but verging on it, bluesy, Johnny Cash-y, strange, quiet folk record. But I love it, it's the one record that I've done over the past 10 or 15 years where I can truly say, 'This is where I am right now.'

"You know, the other things that I've done have been as well in their own right, 'Epicloud', 'Deconstruction' and 'Addicted!', but there was an agenda with those, I was trying to say something with them or I was trying to prove a point, make a statement about the past or whatever. CASUALTIES is something that I've done without any pressure, without anybody telling me what to do, without showing it to anyone, it's just what evolved when I wasn't thinking about it. As a result of that, I'm incredibly proud of it, but it remains to be seen whether or not other people will resonate with it. I think they will, man. I think it's fucking awesome, and I mean, I haven't smoked weed in a long time but I can't imagine that it wouldn't be awesome while you're smoking. [laughs]"

Asked where CASUALTIES OF COOL will fit into the Devin Townsend discography in terms of sound — among his more traditional-sounding albums, or a bit more removed like his ambient albums, Devin said: "Somewhere in the middle, you know, somewhere in the middle. It's like, if you took the weird elements of 'Ki' and the weird elements of 'Devlab' and added a vintage sort of vibe.

"My management had a suggestion, which I think is pretty cool, which was, 'You shouldn't call it DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, you shouldn't even put your name on it, just call it CASUALTIES OF COOL and put it out as its own thing.' It's got a different singer, I sing on like half of it right, but it's got this lady [Vancouver artist Ché Aimee Dorval, who also appears on 'Ki'] who's just this brilliant singer, she's a young, despondent-sounding bluesy vocalist and it's creepy. I think that that might be a way for me to get away with it, putting it out without it being part of the DTP [DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT] or whatever.

"I don't know what to tell you, man. I just go where it feels the most honest to go, then I deal with people thinking it's weird afterwards. [laughs]"

Regarding whether there is a particular atmosphere he wants to create or a story he wants to convey with CASUALTIES OF COOL, Devin said: "Yeah there's a story, definitely. It's going to take a little longer than what we've got for me to explain it, but you'll hear it eventually. I want it to be something you listen to quietly, by yourself, in the middle of the night, with a big old full moon outside. It'll work perfectly."

11 Fév 2014 7:04
Profil Site Internet

21 Mar 2014 11:38
Profil Site Internet
Skeleton In The Forum

22 Mar 2014 16:59

Citation:
Devin Townsend Project drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen has checked in with the following update:

"Ziltoid 2 is complete! The entire album was finished tracking yesterday. It was the most insane day I've ever had in the studio but also the most memorable and rewarding. Pretty damn tired but looking forward to recording the entire DTP side of the double album today and then flying home to Vancouver to get some much needed rest. One album down, one more to go! 'Make the impossible possible.'"

Following are the tentative tracklists for the forthcoming Z2 and DTP albums:

Ziltoid:

'Z2'
'Ziltoidian Overture'
'From Sleep Awake'
'Deathray'
'War Princess'
'March Of The Poozers'
'Silent Militia'
'EARTH'
'Ziltoid Goes Home'
'Dimension Z'

DTP:

'Rejoice'
'Fallout'
'Warrior Way'
'Midnight Sun'
'Loud'
-untitled-
-Untitled-
'Offer Your Light'
'Rain City'
'Farther On'

Et un titre de son projet Casualties

16 Mai 2014 19:39
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

Sinon l'album est cool, mais il plaira sans doute plus aux fans de Ki (et pour cause, Ché Aimee Dorval assurait déjà les parties vocales féminines sur Ki) qu'à ceux pour qui le seul album valable du DTP est Deconstruction.

17 Mai 2014 12:14

08 Juin 2014 23:50
Profil Site Internet

Les 2 albums sortent le 27 Octobre. L'album de DTP s'appelle Sky Blue et la suite de Ziltoid, Dark Matters.
Outre l'inamovible Anneke, il y aura entre autres invités Dominique Lenore Persi (Stolen Babies) et Chris Jericho (Fozzy).

10 Aoû 2014 11:58
Profil Site Internet

Citation:
Canadian multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter and producer Devin Townsend will release his long-awaited new double-album, "Z2", on October 28 in the U.S. and October 27 in Europe. The "Z2" project will also see him play a landmark show at London's legendary Royal Albert Hall on April 13, 2015.

Comments Devin: "So it's been years I've been trying to get the energies in line to do another 'Ziltoid' record, and it's finally happened! 'Z2' is my new record, and it's a multimedia event that has taken a ton of people a ton of effort to bring to you! It's a double album, (one side DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, and one side 'Ziltoid') and the concept expands on 'Ziltoid' the alien, and his sci-fi adventures in a way that kind of throws back to '50s radio plays... but obviously with complicated, heavy music as its soundtrack.

"It has taken a great deal of energy to put this all together, and the music is just one of the aspects of it. It's a dream come true in a lot of ways, and I'm excited and honored to be able to finalize the project with a live version of the entire record at the famous Royal Albert Hall in London on April 13th of next year! (!!) Basically what we did with 'The Retinal Circus' a few years back will be taken to the next level with 'Z2' live.

"At the end of this process, we reached for the stars, and hopefully got to the moon, and after this album cycle, I will be taking some time to recharge my batteries and see what the next chapter holds.

"I hope you enjoy this record and all its offshoots, as one of my goals is to hopefully inspire folks to reach for unconventional ways to express themselves as well. We couldn't have done it without you!"

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT will embark on a U.S. tour later this year, co-headlining with ANIMALS AS LEADERS and MONUMENTS supporting.

03 Sep 2014 5:57
Profil Site Internet

20 Sep 2014 13:30
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

[20-14:13:34] <Sasayaki_no_karasu> ça se commande où cette petite chose ? :p
[20-14:18:37] <Sasayaki_no_karasu> ok, vu ^^
[20-14:20:23] <Sasayaki_no_karasu> ok, commandé :D

20 Sep 2014 13:46

29 Sep 2014 8:50
Profil Site Internet

CD1 - Sky Blue

01. Rejoice
02. Fallout
03. Midnight Sun
04. A New Reign
05. Universal Flame
06. Warrior
07. Sky Blue
08. Silent Militia
09. Rain City
10. Forever
11. Before We Die
12. The Ones We Love

CD2 - Dark Matters

01. Z2
02. From Sleep Awake
03. Ziltoidian Empire
04. War Princess
05. Deathray
06. March of the Poozers
07. Wandering Eye
08. Earth
09. Ziltoid Goes Home
10. Through the Wormhole
11. Dimension Z

CD3 - Dark Matters (without dialogue)

01. Z2
02. From Sleep Awake
03. Ziltoidian Empire
04. War Princess
05. Deathray
06. March of the Poozers
07. Wandering Eye
08. Earth
09. Ziltoid Goes Home
10. Dimension Z

07 Oct 2014 6:12
Profil Site Internet

22 Oct 2014 13:34
Profil Site Internet
Creature de la Nuit

Un poil déçu au premier abords (comme pour Epicloud) mais la seconde écoute semble plus prometteuse quand à la qualité de ce disque.
L'ambiance générale du premier cd (Sky Blue) est assez bluffante. Je n'adhère pas à 100% mais comme à chaque fois, c'est tellement cohérent et bien fait qu'on ne peut que respecter.

On verra ce que donne Dark Matters ....

27 Oct 2014 22:28

Dark Matters c'est un truc de malade mental, encore plus cinglé que le Ziltöid de 2007, j'ai adoré la version avec les passages parlés, ça apporte un plus réel je trouve, on verra la version purement musicale pour comparer mais j'ai peur que ça soit plus soft :D

27 Oct 2014 22:45
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 15 messages ]