Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 01 Mai 2024 0:50

Répondre au sujet  [ 29 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun
Sortie prévu pour 2014

Citation:
Troy Sanders of Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to 2011's "The Hunter", tentatively due in early 2014.

Asked if the new material picks up where "The Hunter" left off or if it is a new avenue altogether, Sanders said: "To a degree, I'm going to say it's picking up where we left off. It's kind of an open game or a clean slate. Every single day I go to band practice, I feel like I'm going to a chef's table for a food tasting because there's an element of the unknown. I'm fascinated with that. Either Chef Brent or Chef Bill will present a tasty riff dish of the day and we all lock in and go for it. Nothing that is out of the box will be turned away."

"We're doing this for ourselves and by ourselves. We're creating delicious sandwiches every day at band practice. [laughs]

"Yesterday Chef Brent brought down some tasty turkey, and it was delicious. Brann decides what kind of bread is going to sandwich it. I'm just trying to create an intriguing mayonnaise or some kind of glue to hold this sandwich together. Who knows that's going to happen today? We just don't know.

"Per usual, in the writing process, I'm completely absorbed in MASTODON material. I'm a late bloomer, and it takes me a while to grasp a lot of things in life, and MASTODON material is one of them. I'll listen to a demo of a particular song over and over until I can possibly find an interesting vocal melody line or lyrics that'll fit a certain part. I immerse myself one-hundred percent in our riff writing. I'm also enjoying my home time as we're about to leave for the entire summer. I'm trying to find a healthy balance of home and tour life."

We've got the skeletons of enough songs for an entire album. We're thinking of vocal ideas and putting together as much rough demos as we can before we go overseas so we can listen to everything over the summer. Then, when we return from the tour, we'll know what we want to keep, delete, and add."

11 Mai 2013 0:52
Profil Site Internet

11 Mai 2013 8:29
Prêtre de Judas

J'ai hâte. En attendant, je vais sans doute enfin m'acheter les premiers albums.

11 Mai 2013 11:23
Crimson Idol

le Hunter était quand même un poil en dessous... Bonnes chansons mais il manque une cohésion d'ensemble

11 Mai 2013 12:21
Crimson Idol

lesquels ?

le Hunter était quand même un poil en dessous... Bonnes chansons mais il manque une cohésion d'ensemble

Y a t'il qq qui a déjà compris leurs textes?

11 Mai 2013 12:21
Prêtre de Judas

lesquels ?

Les deux premiers. J'ai entendu le 2è mais je ne possède ni l'un, ni l'autre.

11 Mai 2013 16:59
Crimson Idol

pas ecouté ? si c'est le cas veinard !!!!

13 Mai 2013 20:38
Prêtre de Judas

Pas encore écouté le premier, non. Je ne sais pas pourquoi. Occupé à autre chose, la vague idée qu'ils n'étaient pas encore au top.

15 Mai 2013 7:29
Crimson Idol

le premier, si tu parles bien de remission, c'est les racines du style, un son plus brut, moins de mélodie, moins de calcul. D'ailleurs pas mal de fans ont été déçu par l'aspect plus thrash de leviathan

15 Mai 2013 14:40
Prêtre de Judas

Ouais, c'est ce que j'avais cru comprendre. Comme j'ai débarqué au moment de Blood Mountain, j'ai pris le train en route et acheté chaque sortie. Je suis allé voir le sludge version 90's (Buzzoven, Eyehategod ...) mais j'ai remis à plus tard les débuts de Mastodon. A la base je ne suis pas complétiste mais les années passant, de plus en plus. Il est temps que je me choppe les 2 disques en question.

15 Mai 2013 15:20

Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON have set "Once More Round The Sun" as the title of their sixth album. The CD was recorded at a Franklin, Tennessee studio with producer Nick Raskulinecz, who has previously worked with FOO FIGHTERS, RUSH and ALICE IN CHAINS, among others. The cover artwork is being created by Oakland-based artist Skinner, who specializes in "psychedelic nightmare paintings." MASTODON singer and bassist Troy Sanders told Paste Magazine: "It's going to be a work of art for sure. It's going to be very eye-opening, very striking. It's from another dimension, and a lot of our music is geared toward that idea — taking you to another planet on songs. It's out there, and I think it's incredible."

Regarding the new MASTODON album title, Sanders told Paste Magazine: "The idea was generated before we recorded the title track on the record, but the title was thought up many months ago.

"After we finished the two-year touring cycle on our last record, 'The Hunter', we were kind of gearing up to go back to our rehearsal space in Atlanta. And we were starting the effort, the time, the blood, the energy, the months of driving, the recording and the long process between recording and the release day.

"In a nutshell: we're fortunate enough to do this again, but there's this feeling of this yearly cycle. It's not a bad thing. We get to go tour a bunch, we get to record a bunch of songs we love. It's embracing the positive — the wonderful side, to be able to have the same four dudes who love doing what we do so much. And like anything in the MASTODON world, it's open to interpretation."

According to Sanders, MASTODON recorded more than an album's worth of material this time around, with the possibility an additional EP coming out sometime after the album release.

"We didn't want a 90-minute album," he told Paste Magazine. "We like to record around the 60-minute mark. That's what our favorite records are. We're in love with all 15 of [the songs], so they might all see the light of day in some platform or another."

Songtitles set to appear on "Once More Round The Sun" include "Ember City" and "Diamonds In The Witch House", the latter of which features yet another guest spot from longtime collaborator Scott Kelly of NEUROSIS.

"I think subconsciously that we're trying to involve him with every album enough to have a full set of songs eventually," Sanders joked. "I think his performance is great, his part still gives me chills. That's a great sign."

Asked what it's been like working with Raskulinecz on the new album, MASTODON guitarist Bill Kelliher told Metal Hammer magazine: "It's something that we totally need — a cheerleader to get our asses in gear. There he is saying, 'Come on, you're MASTODON… you're one of the biggest bands in metal… Smash that hammer down and write some heavy shit. It's time to do or die!' He's that kind of a guy."

MASTODON drummer Brann Dailor recently told RollingStone.com about the band's forthcoming CD: "It's gonna be massive and insane, lots of epic greatness. There will be lots of huge riffs and new directions. It's real weird, real math-y, real straightforward. It's up, down and all around. It's a culmination of everything for the band. The snowball keeps rolling and collecting snow."

05 Avr 2014 11:34
Profil Site Internet

17 Avr 2014 14:38
Profil Site Internet

01. Tread Lightly, 02. The Motherload, 03. High Road, 04. Once More. Round The Sun, 05. Chimes At Midnight, 06. Asleep In The Deep, 07. Feast Your Eyes, 08. Aunt Lisa, 09. Ember City, 10. Halloween, 11. Diamond In The Witch House

29 Avr 2014 8:55
Profil Site Internet

29 Avr 2014 14:27

Par contre je ne sens pas les tee shirts, sauf à avoir envie d'être repéré de très loin :D

29 Avr 2014 14:38
Profil Site Internet

02 Mai 2014 18:41
Profil Site Internet
Heavy Metal Lawyer

A l'écoute des 2 nouveaux titres, le groupe ne semble pas évoluer autant qu'il a pu le faire par le passé, mais j'aime le style, ça reste bien accrocheur.

03 Juin 2014 9:50
Prêtre de Judas

Ma chronique du bordel : http://www.lagrosseradio.com/metal/webz ... e-sun.html

18 Juin 2014 12:30
Creature de la Nuit

Tain les mecs, seulement 17 messages alors qu'un album de Mastodon est dispo.
Bon, j'ai qu'une écoute pour le moment, il me faut un peu de recul, mais il est clair, que j'ai entendu des trucs très plaisants sur cette nouvelle galette!

05 Aoû 2014 9:30

Je les ai vu deux fois depuis et j'ai pas mal écouté le disque, il me plait bien, il n'est pas si facile que çà à appréhender, sa dernière partie notamment, mais sur le début Motherload, High Road ou encore Chimes me font un effet boeuf!

05 Aoû 2014 9:41
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 29 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante