Voir les messages sans réponses | Voir les sujets actifs Nous sommes le 15 Juin 2024 21:48

Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
 Pain of Salvation - du mouvement 
Auteur Message
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Répondre en citant le message
Message Pain of Salvation - du mouvement
Sweden's PAIN OF SALVATION have parted ways with bassist Kristoffer Gildenlöw (younger brother of PAIN OF SALVATION frontman Daniel Gildenlöw). The group's official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"We are sad to announce that Kristoffer is of now no longer a member of PAIN OF SALVATION. After having been the band's bass player since 1994, he has now kindly been asked by the other members to leave the band. The separation derives from growing difficulties to function together as a band since Kristoffer moved to Holland a few years back.

"We are a band who loves to play music together, and who values being a real band rather than a project that functions on distance. Being a tight unit welded together musically and personally is an important part of the band's soul; and constantly being decimated while composing, rehearsing, and even recording, simply proved impossible in the long run.

"Kristoffer has grown to become a tremendous bass player during the years with PAIN OF SALVATION and it is with sadness that we now see him go, but since this logistic situation will not change within the coming years, we unfortunately see no other choice."

PAIN OF SALVATION's most recent studio album, "BE", came out in 2004.

22 Fév 2006 9:18
Profil Site Internet
Barde

25 Fév 2006 12:11
Ce mec a floodé, je l'ai vu !

Sweden's PAIN OF SALVATION have entered the studio to begin recording the follow-up to 2004's "BE", entitled "Scarsick", for a tentative late 2006/early 2007 release. The group's vocalist, Daniel Gildenlöw, has checked in with the following update:

"The drums have now been recorded for 'Scarsick'. Me and Johan went down to Örebro and the Fascination Street Studio (previously Studio Kuling) for the recording. As usual, Jens was a true pleasure to work with. And, as usual, Johan pulled everything off with ease. The whole album was done in less than five days.

"I guess we are a bit old-school when it comes to music. We still want the album to be played rather than triggered, fixed and quantized. This could slow things up, but on the other hand you are forced to learn to play and in the end you will be more effective after all. If we are to believe Jens, he hasn't been as relaxed and had such confident in a drummer since his school days, and no album recording had apparently focused so much on real playing for at least three years. I allow myself to be a bit cynical when I consider that, by coincidence, that happens to be just about the time when we were there the last time for the 'BE' drum recording.

"Now, I am only longing to get the new drum files into my studio computer and start building the real album up. Only bad thing, as usual, is that in the coming process I am going to have to recreate all the mistakes from the demo recording since, by now, I have come to love them and would miss them if they were left out. As usual."

Check out pictures from the recording sessions at this location.

21 Avr 2006 10:16
Profil Site Internet
Répondre au sujet   [ 3 messages ]